I own 2 Marshalls, but have never tried the MG series. They get ALOT of stick... do they really sound that bad ?! lol
Last edited by T!AN at Jan 8, 2009,
there is a billion threads about this
Inspired by Ibanez RGA321F Prestige, Gibson Les Paul Standard
Powered by CAA OD100 standard+ , Mesa 2x12
Affected by Maxon OD808, Mad Professor Deep blue delay

I owned one, the clean tones are at least decent in my opinion. Distortion kills it.

DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC!
THEY DON'T LIKE IT UP 'EM!
In a word, yes.

Played with a band a while ago who insisted on bringing two MG halfstacks, sounded garbage to be frank.

Alright practice amps, I guess, but for the price, you can get a lot better...
i have one at the moment, sounds lifeless. The arsehole of the Marshall amps.
simply don't buy one, unless you're a noob, then you don't realize how bad it sounds. Like me 2 years ago.

Quote by Spoonman69
Rap is music,far better than metal for example. id much rather hear about hoes and anal sex than dragons and supressed homosexuality.
Quote by London_guitaris
I own 2 Marshalls, but have never tried the MG series. They get ALOT of stick... do they really sound that bad ?! lol

short answer: Yes
Long answer: YYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
My gear:
PRS SE custom
~!~--Peavey XXX super 40 EFX --~!~
Peavey VK 112

===WGS Vet30
===JJ power tubes

---Pedals:
-ISP Decimator
-Digitech Bad Monkey
-Crybaby wah
-Korg Pitchblack
-Danelectro FnC EQ
lmao, just wondered why they wer so crap for marshall, and i read in that first thread (which was fcking funny!) that marshall bought the amps off other parties?! o well...

just something i wanted to know thats all, but the other threads have covered it, and made me laugh aswell.
I don't use the distortion on my amp (which pretty sucks, indeed), I have my metal zone for that. The speakers are pretty good though, and I like the built in effects, the line in, and the footswitch.
I have the MG100DFX combo and got a great deal which is why I got this over the Fender Frontman. Like everyone else said- Clean is OK, Distortion is awesome. I use it for practice/small gigs and it works well. If larger shows come and I end up upgrading, I will go with either a tube Marshall or Mesa Boogie. I wouldnt mess with the MG half stack after what Ive heard about it. Id rather pay extra for something good. BTW, I am still debating on exchanging this amp for the Frontman.
Quote by bigfoamfinger
I have the MG100DFX combo and got a great deal which is why I got this over the Fender Frontman. Like everyone else said- Clean is OK, Distortion is awesome. I use it for practice/small gigs and it works well. If larger shows come and I end up upgrading, I will go with either a tube Marshall or Mesa Boogie. I wouldnt mess with the MG half stack after what Ive heard about it. Id rather pay extra for something good. BTW, I am still debating on exchanging this amp for the Frontman.

Everybody says the OD is horribly bad. And, for the price, there's a vypyr that is A. More versatile, B. Is louder, and C. Sounds just that much better.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
My Story:

Aw, sweet. A marshall half stack for 600 bucks! *click order*

At home, plug it in, sounds good!

2 months later after I played a Valveking: FFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU!
Gear:
Gibson SG Standard
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Gretsch G6118T Anniversary
Fender Standard Telecaster
Epi Les Paul Standard
Fender Showmaster

Peavey Valveking Half Stack

My YouTube Channel
Quote by oneblackened
Everybody says the OD is horribly bad. And, for the price, there's a vypyr that is A. More versatile, B. Is louder, and C. Sounds just that much better.

I havent been around amps as long as a lot of ppl on this board, so to me the OD sounds cool. I wish I would have known about the forums before I bought it and I wold have maybe got something better, but then again, Im still within my 30 days. The problem I run into is the people at Guitar Center wont tell you whats good and bad about a particular amp in their opinion. They will sell ANY amp to anyone as long as they will buy it. Personal opinions matter when it comes to buying stuff like this, not just the " Thats a good amp" answer. Peaveys are cool amps and I didnt know they were still making good stuff. What other combos in that price range do you guys like?
Christ why do people make these threads!

I own one, yes they suck, end of.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man