Whether or not this has been posted before, i searched and didn't find much.

I'm planning on auditioning for my school talent show next week, probably playing John Mayer's Stop This Train, and I'll post my story if i even get to perform it.

So tell your story about talent show experiences. Whether it was epic, epic fail, average, or you got some tail afterwards, tell them!

Remember, it doesn't have to only be guitar related.
"We barely remember who or what came before this precious moment"

Tool, anyone?
Alter Bridge, maybe?
A bit of John Mayer?
Some beethoven sounds delightful, as well.
I went to an audition yesterday, watched many bands go up and shred everyone's faces off, then I go on and play a soft song.

I was told that I sounded great, however, I've decided that I won't preform due to my inferiority complex and reoccurring paranoia.

...I don't think that's the kind of story you guys are looking for, though.
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
I went to play this talent show with my band, but they didnt show do to various reasons, and I had to play it by myself. Lets just say I had a solid footing and I was staring angrily off into the distance...
Well whenever I did talent shows it was 2 hours of flute and vocal solos which bored everyone to tears and then my band would go on with massive amplifiers and makes lots of noise so that people had a reason to come along, not trying my band sound better than we were but have you listened to a group of 12 years olds play flute music? It's painful.
Most of my talent show performances have been decent.

When I was in 10th grade my band and I played "Those Damn Blue Collar Tweekers" by Primus and "For Whom The Bell Tolls" by Metallica

In 11th grade, I performed solo, playing Winter Solstice by The Tea Party.

In 12th grade, I played in two bands. A mock-hardcore band named dieLOUD: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8p5NCoAlho&feature=channel_page (I'm the bald one in the gold trenchcoat type thing)

I also played drums in my band, Addicts in the Attic.

Then grade 12+, I played with Addicts in the Attic again: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvu8wYRCi94&feature=related AND http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmvyBalkHtE&feature=related

then when I got to college, I played another talent show: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rwPD375eR4&feature=channel_page

Talent shows are fun, but I've been part of the stage crew a few times at my high school (including stage crew manager) and some teachers don't know what the hell they're doing. That's annoying.

But good luck!
signatures are budget.
I've decided that I won't preform due to my inferiority complex and reoccurring paranoia.

Mental disorders are so out.

I have a list of shit I could say I have, that I really do have.
But it's irrelevant and won't make me look cool, so I won't.

Also, perhaps bandleading subforum?
At a Battle of the Bands at my highschool, my band smashed two guitars and I played a solo behind my head.

It was good times.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Quote by Kenny_Fever
Most of my talent show performances have been decent.

then when I got to college, I played another talent show: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rwPD375eR4&feature=channel_page

Talent shows are fun, but I've been part of the stage crew a few times at my high school (including stage crew manager) and some teachers don't know what the hell they're doing. That's annoying.

But good luck!

Nice!
Quote by n to the k
^ you are wise

Quote by Maus24
There's been sooo many threads done on this; I don't even wanna hear that you used the searchbar. Staring at it and giggling does not count.
The worlds fu cked up and we lit the fuse, its all used up what you gonna do?
Quote by Pedalboard
Whether or not this has been posted before, i searched and didn't find much.

I'm planning on auditioning for my school talent show next week, probably playing John Mayer's Stop This Train, and I'll post my story if i even get to perform it.

So tell your story about talent show experiences. Whether it was epic, epic fail, average, or you got some tail afterwards, tell them!

Remember, it doesn't have to only be guitar related.

Holy Crap! i'm auditioning for my school's talent show on Monday! although we are not playing John Mayer.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Well, my band played a benefit concert at my old high school. There was this other band that was well established and we went on before them. Yeah, we played original songs and closed with freakin FREE BIRD. People were pretty pumped. Yeah,and then that other band came on and played their proto punk, look-I-jump-around-to-make-myself-interesting-because-I-can't-play-a-solo crap stuff. The guitarist came on stage and said, "we're ________ and we can't play our instruments." When they started to play, the only people who seemed interested were their freshman emo fans. That was a good day.
Gear:
Gibson SG Standard
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Gretsch G6118T Anniversary
Fender Standard Telecaster
Epi Les Paul Standard
Fender Showmaster

Peavey Valveking Half Stack

My YouTube Channel
Once I saw a band played Smells like Teen Spirit. I laughed.
I'm a MAN!