The words are a little unintelligible at times, but I like the tone of the low stuff.

The guitar is really cool. Really interesting solo. I love the phrasing.

Not a massive fan of the random audio-clips. Monty Python really doesn't fit in the song.

The harp is just right in the mix.

Outro is probably a minute or two long, but I really like the overall sound of the song. Drums sound really good. What did you use?
Quote by fleaflicker182
The words are a little unintelligible at times, but I like the tone of the low stuff.

Not a massive fan of the random audio-clips. Monty Python really doesn't fit in the song.

Outro is probably a minute or two long, but I really like the overall sound of the song. Drums sound really good. What did you use?

The drums are from BIAB Realdrums.. they sound good enough on the face, but are extremly limited.. you basicly get what they give you and no way to modify as they are recording samplles of actual drums.. so you can't have any control over them.

In this songs case I recorded to 5 minute segments of the drums, then actualy cut them into pieces, taking every line and every fil and every roll and seperating them as their own file.. then I copied and pasted the various files into position.

Unfortunatly I am using old Cakewalk Pro Audio software, so I had no way to synch the drums with a time frame.. as in Pro Tools or Acid for example.. I had to actualy move around wave forms until they found the right spot..

Very tedious, I don't think I will do that very often.

Thanks for the ear, thoughts and questions..
Quote by fleaflicker182

I have went in and re-worked the vocals.. I need to re-cut them but I did bring the exisitng vox out in a bit different way. If you have time take a 10 second listen to them and see if they work any better.

I am totaly deaf in the right ear so I have a hard time discerning the final mix's.. any extra ears are always much appreciated.

Peace!
The vocals sit much better in the mix now, but they are still difficult to understand in parts. I do like the way they're sung, though. I guess if you re-take them with better enunciation and they don't retain the same feel then the originals are fine.

When it comes down to it the sound is probably a little more important than intelligibility. Plenty of artists have gotten away without being able to sing a single understandable word.

You must have put an awful lot of time into those drums if you cut them together without a tempo-base. Kudos. I do imagine, though, that a program like that would have some ability to add a click and bar divisions. You might want to search the help section.
LMFAO, the monty pyhton totally doesn fit but it's hilarious i just got to that.

I like the mixing job on this song though, i think it was all very well put together very well balanced right now and you can hear most of everything well. For the musical aspect of it i cant say too much, but... i do like it the guitar solo is really cool i think, you did a great job there, the rest of this kind of makes me thing of a more umm upbeat pink floyd? actually the more i listen to the solo the more i like it,

plus the name of it is totally awesome.

Excellent job!

C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1041139
first impression when the voice kicks in is:" i'm not gonna like it", but then the voice starts growing on you and you go:"oh, i get it". really liked the overall tone of the tune. for my taste, there are way too many voiceovers, and the outro is slightly too long. the solo and the mix are excellent!!
Quote by fleaflicker182
The vocals sit much better in the mix now, but they are still difficult to understand in parts. I do like the way they're sung, though. I guess if you re-take them with better enunciation and they don't retain the same feel then the originals are fine.

When it comes down to it the sound is probably a little more important than intelligibility. Plenty of artists have gotten away without being able to sing a single understandable word.

You must have put an awful lot of time into those drums if you cut them together without a tempo-base. Kudos. I do imagine, though, that a program like that would have some ability to add a click and bar divisions. You might want to search the help section.

Thanks for the objective ear on the vocals.. if I can get some quiet time around the house i'll see if I can get to re-cutting them and try and repair the mistakes of the first round before they happen..

Cakewalk Pro Audio was one of the first real audio recording programs for your average Joe.. it was released 16 years ago. While it is mid and audio, there is a grid lock but it just doesn't function in a logical and consistant manner.. what it does is just forces whatever you have into ax existing grid, even if it is timed for it or not..

Thanks again for the ear and time.. it was VERY helpful!

Peace!
Quote by AbombO.S.
LMFAO, the monty pyhton totally doesn fit but it's hilarious i just got to that.

I like the mixing job on this song though, i think it was all very well put together very well balanced right now and you can hear most of everything well. For the musical aspect of it i cant say too much, but... i do like it the guitar solo is really cool i think, you did a great job there, the rest of this kind of makes me thing of a more umm upbeat pink floyd? actually the more i listen to the solo the more i like it,

plus the name of it is totally awesome.

Excellent job!

C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1041139

Thanks for the time and ear.. I dropped they python in so as no one would take the 'darkness' too seriously.. although the python stuff it's self was about dark stuff.. *L*

My favorite sound overs one won't hear without being told wht and where, but it is in there..

MLK talking about Peace and avoiding war on the right side with Margarete Thatcher talking about the imminent invasion of the Falklands.. that one always makes me laugh..

Anyway, thanks for the time and ear!

Peace!