Page 1 of 15
Basically, school is a joke and anyone who believes it's a "learning institution" is brainwashed.

Reasons school sucks:

1. You have no rights, no true freedom and are ultimately an expendable client.
2. The curriculum and textbooks are full of skewed and biased versions of history, and outright mistakes/lies.
3. School teachers, or the majority, are payed so little they have no motivation or intention to "educate" us.
4. It's a complete rip-off, you shouldn't have to pay thousands of dollars for an "education".
5. It's structured in the most exploitative way, students are at the whim of the school, not vice versa.
6. Food sucks, unhealthy and immoral.
7. You have to ask to go to the restroom.

Ultimately, school kills the students natural thirst for knowledge, it's forced curriculum makes children learn arbitrary material that they're not even interested in and has no relation to their REAL lives. If you still have the chance, DROP OUT.

Discuss?

EDIT:

Source:
-\_/-
Quote by Fred1000000
BlackZeppelin is like Ghandi. With a bigger sense of humor.
it's the silence between the notes that makes the music.
Last edited by -BlackZeppelin- at Jan 19, 2009,
uhhhh....sure? Did you sleep hangin upside down again?
Quote by Mr.Pink101
I saw a bumper sticker in a guitar store that read
"Like all musicians, Your Following the Bassist"
I lol'd

Quote by muhat gandy
It was a weird feeling cumming to someone being ripped apart...
Have you ONLY JUST realised this?
wen i ask they say that they fall into the habit smhw ........but nyways i think there is a connection smwhere. Now i being a teetollar will not give into this habit nyhw

FOR JUST £2 A WEEK, YOU CAN PREVENT THIS.
i dont pay to go too school....
If life gives you oranges, say "f*ck oranges" and bail.

Hey You!
Welcome to the majority of people who have or had the same thing
But were damn lucky even enough to have an education

You mess with the flag, you're still a spade
Last edited by figerade at Jan 8, 2009,
Everything you listed depend on the school you're going to. I have an English teacher who I KNOW has a lot of motivation and fully intends to educate us to his ability.

Sounds like you had a bad school day and now you're taking out your aggression by attempting to come up with legitimate reasons why the educational systems suck without any information backing it up.

Buck up, boy-o.
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
ah well, i care about my grades because i know an education can provide me with something to fall back on if i fail in my unrelated endeavors
Well I'm not totally against the concept of school but I am strongly opposed to gym class. I don't think anybody should be forced to get fit. Health is a choice and not something that should be forced upon anyone.
Quote by NGD1313
Well I don't know about solos but how about that Smoke on the Water riff. It's like...impossible.

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

I'm Jake. I'm a musician, philosopher, and exhibitionist.
disaffected oppressed youth, ahhh...

i fully argee with jimmyhotpants
Epiphone SG G-400 faded
Fender Strat
Fender Frontman amp
**Dream Guitar**
Fender telecaster '58 heavy relic in blonde

"its in the key of D minor, i find songs in this key makes people want to weep."
"its called Lick My Love Pump"
Where the hell have you been?

Richwood Les Paul RE-135
Ibanez RG350DX
Takamine Dreadnought
Hohner Telecaster Copy
Epiphone Thunderbird-IV Pro
Crafter Cruiser bass
Sounds like BlackZeppelin either got rejected from college or failed his/her exams horribly.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
You can't prove that people DON'T walk on water. turn water into wine etc.
I actually agree with a lot of that, and have talked about it several times.

In school they seem more interested in getting idiots in the seats than actually educating the people that have actually stayed on for post-16 studies.

Quote by Lespauljames
wht a jerk, its douchebags like you, who sit in the back of history flicking boogers at the window, thats why teachers dont want to teach.
i advise not dropping out, as grades = further education = more chance of a good career

Erm...I don't know you or him very well but judging from those two posts and his ability to actually construct a coherent argument I'd say he isn't the oaf you are making him out to be.

RMF

I was much further out than you thought
And not waving but drowning.
I was much too far out all my life
And not waving but drowning.
Last edited by Mr. La Fritz at Jan 8, 2009,
I WOULD drop out if I didn't know that society is going to fuck me over for not having a diploma. I say this same thing every day to someone. I hate school, and have no interest in finishing it, let alone furthering my education. I'm only going to so I can make a living.
Quote by -BlackZeppelin-

Agreed, those damn hamburgers do nothing but fight and sleep with prostitutes!!
Nine planets surround the sun
Only one does the sun embrace
Upon this watered one
So much we take for granted

So let us sleep outside tonight
Lay down in our mother's arms
For here we can rest safely
Quote by JakeTheDuck
Agreed, those damn hamburgers do nothing but fight and sleep with prostitutes!!

Clever.

80th best UGer
All school does is condition you to get used to being somewhere you hate for 8 hours a day.
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com
Quote by -BlackZeppelin-

2. The curriculum and textbooks are full of skewed and biased versions of history, and outright mistakes/lies.
3. School teachers, or the majority, are payed so little they have no motivation or intention to "educate" us.
4. It's a complete rip-off, you shouldn't have to pay thousands of dollars for an "education".
5. It's structured in the most exploitative way, students are at the whim of the school, not vice versa.
Discuss?

1. False, you have total freedom, you just have to face the consequences of your actions.

2. True

3. True

4.True

5.whatever

6.Bring your own food

7. No you don't
Quote by -BlackZeppelin-

Well, I can see why you'd think school is a joke. After all, your school has neglected to teach you how to spell.
Quit being a pair of floppy labia. Education is a gift. Try getting a great job without one. I'm trying and it's impossible.
The information they give you is yours to interpret - but if you look into even the smallest portion of it then the institution has done its job by way of indirect education.

Kids, Black Zeppelin is going to lead you to become one of the people who should wear government-regulated helmets.
Stay in school.
well blackzeppelin, welcome to Florida.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Suck it up. School may suck for you but just get through it then you'll never have to worry about it again. The education system over the pond might be crap, but what choice do you have - be a drop out or be at least mildly successful?
NOPE.
are you a communist?

little ridiculous if you ask me. School isn't about learning the things you'd like to know. High school is mainly to expand your capability to study and understand any information, learn how to do research, give you basic knowledge about our planet and history, learn to speak and write the language on a mature level.
it's puberty that's making school look terrible. When you pass that stage, you'll love learning.
Quote by -BlackZeppelin-
Basically, school is a joke and anyone who believes it's a "learning institution" is brainwashed.

Reasons school sucks:

Ultimately, school kills the students natural thirst for knowledge, it's forced curriculum makes children learn arbitrary material that they're not even interested in and has no relation to their REAL lives. If you still have the chance, DROP OUT.

Discuss?

Let us know when there's a better option.
Quote by Sloopy
I'm not in a wheelchair, but I own one just for fun.