I'm getting a new neck for my Jim root Telecaster, to make it more custom to me. I was hoping to get some advice/ Opinions

Stainless steel Frets to splurge or not to splurge? Is the difference Noticeable?

Graphite nut or White corian. Whats the Difference anyway?

I'm going with a maple neck, Jackson headstock, I'm trying to decide if it would look better on this guitar (satin black) to go with ebony fingerboard or maple.

Thanks
My Setup:
Dean VMNT(Metallic Silver)
LTD DV8-R (Snow White)
Randall RG100sc
EHX Metal Muff
Quote by thesockmonster

Sarcasm: Killing any chance you ever had at scoring this guitar, since 1895.

THE TREND IS OVER!!!!
make sure you get one that is the same scale length
I'm a dude, he's a dude, she's a dude, we're all dudes HEY!
why would u replace a neck on a MIA Fender those are good?
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
Just replace the nut, not the entire neck. Idk why you would replace a neck on an MIA Fender. If you wanted a Tele-shaped double-HB guitar, you shouldve gone with a Schecter PT. Much cheaper, you could switch out the pickups, and it already comes with a maple neck/fretboard. Why would you spend so much money on a artist model MIA Fender just for the body basically?
Last edited by qotsa1998 at Jan 8, 2009,
Typical UG thread:

Q: Help me pick things.

A: You're wrong.

What? You guys are ridiculous. Help this guy with what he wants.

Quote by metzguitarist
I'm getting a new neck for my Jim root Telecaster, to make it more custom to me. I was hoping to get some advice/ Opinions

Stainless steel Frets to splurge or not to splurge? Is the difference Noticeable?

They last longer. If you don't want to go in for a fret dress every few years, and a re fret eventually, then get them. They are just harder metal.

Graphite nut or White corian. Whats the Difference anyway?

The colour... White corian self lubricates a bit better. However, with the lack of a trem, graphite is fine. It's up to what colour you want.

I'm going with a maple neck, Jackson headstock, I'm trying to decide if it would look better on this guitar (satin black) to go with ebony fingerboard or maple.

If the guitar is black, might I suggest a maple fretboard? It will give you some variation and contrast, which will look good.

Thanks

You're welcome.

Now, let me say that I would like you to encourage local business and get a neck built by one of the two guys in my sig. They're probably cheaper than warmoth depending on what options you want and where you live.

Secondly, I don't think a jackson headstock will suit that guitar, but it's all up to you.

Thirdly, I think you should build your own neck, because it's fun, kind of easy, and reall rewarding.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
Last edited by Øttər at Jan 8, 2009,
Quote by Øttər
Typical UG thread:

Q: Help me pick things.

A: You're wrong.

What? You guys are ridiculous. Help this guy with what he wants.

Now, let me say that I would like you to encourage local business and get a neck built by one of the two guys in my sig. They're probably cheaper than warmoth depending on what options you want and where you live.

Secondly, I don't think a jackson headstock will suit that guitar, but it's all up to you.

Thirdly, I think you should build your own neck, because it's fun, kind of easy, and reall rewarding.

Thanks for the opinions and the advice, and for actually answering my question, instead of being an assbag. Further more, I didn't pay anything for the guitar it was a trade. Once again thanks to you sir
My Setup:
Dean VMNT(Metallic Silver)
LTD DV8-R (Snow White)
Randall RG100sc
EHX Metal Muff
Quote by thesockmonster

Sarcasm: Killing any chance you ever had at scoring this guitar, since 1895.

THE TREND IS OVER!!!!
On the frets, it depends how much you play. EVH puts stainless steel frets on his new guitars because they don't wear down nearly as fast as standard frets
I don't need a signature to tell you I don't need a signature!
Otter, Graphite is better for lubrication than Corian... corian is just plastic.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Dude, you put graphite in um... locks I think? as lube.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.