How the hell is this done?

I have a blues tab book and it shows a 2 whole step bend (---^ 2) from the high e string at the 15th fret (G to B) and with all four fingers on the string bending as hard as I can, I can't freakin do it. Whole step bends are easy to me, but this is freakin impossible.

Do I need supe slinky 9's to do this? I got 10's on there now.

Edit: I do indeed mean a double-step bend (2 tones; 4 frets)
this is a post. there are many like it but this one is mine

=======================

Taylor Big Baby
Agile 3100 CSB
Peavey classic 30/112
Okko Dominator, Big muff pi, cs3, dd3, ch1, ts9, ad9, classic wah
Last edited by mlfarrell at Jan 8, 2009,
i thought bends were noted in frets, as in 2 frets, not 2 steps

2 is hard enough to bend, 4 I couldnt see you doing without destroying the string
Gibson 58 RI VOS Custombuckers
Mesa Lonestar Special 2x12
Quote by Snapple

2 is hard enough to bend, 4 I couldnt see you doing without destroying the string

I do threes and fours. It's fine, just don't try it with the thinner strings. It'll throw you out of tune pretty quickly, but it doesn't hurt anything when you do it on lower strings.
Quote by Snapple

he must mean a whole bend. 2 whole step bend with a trem yeah maybe...idk about 2 whole step bend with your fingers ahahaha taht would be brutal.
Nah it can be done, me and my teacher actually went over it in the last lessons. Its much easier to do on the higher frets and just really go for it. 9's make it a lot easier too
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
Since I Been Lovin' You anyone? Two-tone bends are entirely possible and I play with Not Even Slinkys.
idk about 2 whole steps, but every time i see just a 2 after a bend i know it's actually 2 half steps which would be one whole step (lol)

are you sure it's 2 whole and not just 2 half steps?
Quote by King_Arthur
Gibson guitar = $500 (guess)

Pack of strings = $5

Messing up your guitar with a bass string = Priceless
4 fret bends are fine, you just need a lot of finger strength. Using anything less than 10s and from experience you'll most likely just snap the string
ohai little sig.
Quote by Winsbury
One way to do it would be to pick the note and bend as normal, and then bring your pick hand behind your fretting hand and bend with that too, if you get me?

careful about breaking strings though.

aye, think some call it superbending but normally you dont get time to do it

dunno, 3 frets maybe but not accurately probably, never played anything that does more than 2 frets so ive never learnt more than that
Gibson 58 RI VOS Custombuckers
Mesa Lonestar Special 2x12
Quote by TimboSlice
Since I Been Lovin' You anyone? Two-tone bends are entirely possible and I play with Not Even Slinkys.

more precisely , Another brick in the wall part 2 a.k.a. We dont need no education solo, is another good example(since i dont know the song you suggested) , you can check Gilmour's equipment , and also mentioned before,such a big bend can be easily made on thinner strings and by treanscribing them to lower strings, like the G string( no pun intended)
Quote by Demonikk
4 fret bends are fine, you just need a lot of finger strength. Using anything less than 10s and from experience you'll most likely just snap the string

liar! I got 9's on my schecter and i do 2 tone bends a hell of a lot and my strings never broke. my strings are the super slinkys
I do it all the time. But I usually do it on the d or g string because if I do it on the b and e my guitar goes out of tune. I use slinky 10s. I guess you could try doing the bend on the b string.
If you have a trem try using that to bend it that far.
Last.fm

Fender Deluxe Players Strat > Big Muff > LPB-1 > Moog Ring Mod > MXR Dynacomp > MXR Phase 90 '74 > Fender Hot Rod 410 (soon)
I can do it with 12's, Man up.

The other strings sure as hell get in the way though >_>
Last edited by Oujou at Jan 8, 2009,
Quote by Oujou
I can do it with 12's, Man up.

The other strings sure as hell get in the way though >_>

Yeah i had the same problem. I'd bend on the .11's and i'd start getting into the other strings before i even bent a full step/2 frets...
Its a lot easier with a shorter scale length, I have 10's on my Patrick Eggle which has a short scale length, I think it is the same as a Les Paul and 2 whole tone bends are no problem, my Ibanez with 10's is a different story much more effort needed.
light gauge strings and a reasonably big fretboard radius will both help... EDIT: ^ eggles are 25" scale, i think. not certain, though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Snapple

I do them all the time...being brutally frank they're piss easy with 9's
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by randomhero93
liar! I got 9's on my schecter and i do 2 tone bends a hell of a lot and my strings never broke. my strings are the super slinkys

Same. I got some 9 Fender strings. I bend the **** out of them and they don't break. Well, in the 5 or 6 weeks I've had my Squier Tele I did break my high e a few weeks ago but they were the factory strings that people at guitar center played the **** out of as well, so I was surprised they even lasted that long.

Quote by steven seagull
Yeah. This.
Last edited by food1010 at Jan 8, 2009,
I would slide the first two notes and make a normal full bend from there.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

I can't do those, mainly because I'm scared I'm going to snap the string and the string will stab me in the eye or something, it's scratched my eyelid before twice

I stick to 1 and a half step bends at most on .10s with a Gotoh Floyd.
Playing on Slinky 10's, they're a bit uncomfortable, but perfectly doable.
i'm sorry to be kinda spamming this thread, but does anyone play 8's??? there are Ernie ball extra slinky's that are measured out as 8, 11, 14, 22, 30, 36, anyone play them???
Quote by randomhero93
i'm sorry to be kinda spamming this thread, but does anyone play 8's??? there are Ernie ball extra slinky's that are measured out as 8, 11, 14, 22, 30, 36, anyone play them???

i had some 8' once, they were cool but the high E broke when i did a normal bend, and i couldnt find any of those anymore
Quote by steven seagull

yeah, pretty much. as long as you aren't on a 7.25" radius or something like that (they'll still be easy, just there's a reasonable chance they'll choke out).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by zacky gates
idk about 2 whole steps, but every time i see just a 2 after a bend i know it's actually 2 half steps which would be one whole step (lol)

are you sure it's 2 whole and not just 2 half steps?

Neg. A two in parenthesis typically would indicate 2 steps. Bends aren't notated by number of frets.