Yeah I had an old thread. But it was at a price range of 0.00 - $400.00

Price is no longer an issue under $1,000.00. Give me the names of tube amps that have REALLY GREAT clean channels and a good OD/distortion channel. If it's possible to turn up the OD/distortion without raising the volume it would be more efficient.
Last edited by Brian 1.0 at Jan 8, 2009,
Well be a little more specific - what genres are you wanting to use this amp for? You're definition of "great cleans" and "good OD" may be completely different from the next guy's.

Also, does it have to be new or are you willing to buy used?
Splawn Nitro or Quick Rod/Pro Mod

$1950/$1850 respectively.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
Quote by i_am_metalhead
Well be a little more specific - what genres are you wanting to use this amp for? You're definition of "great cleans" and "good OD" may be completely different from the next guy's.

Also, does it have to be new or are you willing to buy used?

I'd stick with new.

Dirty enough to play crunchy powerchords, completely clean. TBH my music isn't influenced by anything that has to do with what i want my tone to sound like...

my bad -- I meant anything under 1k, not over. Haha.
Quote by Brian 1.0
I'd stick with new.

Dirty enough to play crunchy powerchords, completely clean. TBH my music isn't influenced by anything that has to do with what i want my tone to sound like...

my bad -- I meant anything under 1k, not over. Haha.

Used Mesa/Boogie MKIII or MKIV