I am looking for a good practice amp that has a headphone jack, as I have roomates and can't play my massive orange rockerverb + Cab without people wanting to kill me. I tried to set up a headphone jack up to my line 6 spider valve but that didnt work.

Any suggestions, either to rig up the spider for headphones or for a new practice amp with headphone jack.
I think you could play the spider valve at pretty low volumes. I had one myself, and I just had to turn the master almost all the way down and then use the channel volume to adjust from there. It sure beats spending money on a cheap amp. You could also get one of those vox plug and play headphone amps. I heard they're not too bad. Especially since you probably don't need a new amp.
Be warned: guitars rarely sound good with headphones. You might just want to get a tiny amp and play it normally.
Quote by rebelmidget
I do believe you just used Blink 182 and hard rock in the same sentence. It would seem you're rather confused.
I have a quote in my signature! And it makes fun of blink-182! I'm cool now!

[Obligatory link to my band's MySpace]
Microcubes arent good amps, they are ****, get off the cube/vypyr bandwagon as an end-all for all threads. Sometimes they fit, sometimes they dont. Microcubes are as bad as spiders in terms of digital.
Just play your spider quieter if you like how the valve series sounds. Otherwise, this may be a time where a small SS amp like a cube (not microcube) or a small vypyr may be fine.
I suggest not using headphones.
Practice is always a problem when you have awkward things like roomates. I'm in an even worse situation as my wife hates the sound of an electric guitar (she's crazy!) so I have to use headphones almost all of the time in the house. I certainly sympathise. One option is to buy a cheap but reasonable quality practice amp with a headphone socket like the Cube series that starts very cheap.

The problem with this is that the quality of your sound is extremely limited and if you're like me, being a guitarist has made you very fussy about sound quality. I found that a far better solution is to not bother with an amp at all and use a floor based multi FX unit instead. These have all the effects onboard that you could want and certainly more than any practice amp as well as loads of amp models that give you access to a better range of tones than ANY practice amp out there. I know loads of people say that the amp models are never very good and they are flawed to a degree when you put them through an amplifier but through headphones they are absolutely stunning. I promise you, most people who judge multi FX units have never tried them with headphones on. I now save my amp for when I play away from the house but for practice in the home I would NEVER change my Digitech for any practice amp as the sound would be awful in comparison. You don't need anything too sophisticated so something like a Digitech RP150 would do the trick at only £69 and that gives you more than you'll ever need. Let's face it, you're not going to get much amp for that money and why waste money on a speaker if you're only going to play through headphones. If you want an expression pedal as well, look at the RP250 for £139. I went for the GNX3000 when it was in production and it's the best bargain I've ever had. I practice with fantastic sound quality, I can record direct onto the computer, I have hundreds of preset possibilities and I disturb nobody. Perfect.

Don't take my word for it; go and try these units out with headphones and then try a cheap practice amp. It's night and day I assure you. If you mostly use headphones for practice I really don't understand why anyone would waste their money on an amp when they could have one of these for the same money or usually less.
Gibson Les Paul Studio with Catswhiskers pickups
PRS SE 'Floyd' Custom 24 with Creamery pickups
Fender Standard Stratocaster with DiMarzio pickups
Takamine GN30
BluGuitar AMP1