Yesterday, at my trombone lesson, I asked my trombone teacher (who is an amazing pianist) if he had any extra keyboards he could sell to me for cheap, as I've really wanted a piano to work on theory. I didn't want to pay anything over 50 bucks, and i expected him to offer me a ****ty old Casio or something. Well, instead he told me that he had purchased 4 Roland analong synths about 15 or 20 years ago for about $900 apeice to create a piano lab, but that he never really got around to it, and that he'd be willing to part with one for just $50. At this point, i nearly crapped my pants, a high end vintage analog synth for just $50?! But he was serious, and I'm going to be taking one home next week after my lesson. So here's the problem: seeing as I've never owned a keyboard before, i do not have a keyboard amp. Will my new synth be able to play through my Mesa f-50 without destroying anything? I know i won't get the optimal keyboard sound out of a guitar amp, and I will buy a keyboard amp sometime in the near future, but for the time beign I'm pretty broke, and I just want to make sure that i can play the synth without making anything blow up. Thanks in advance!

tr;dl: I'm getting an analog synth and want to make sure it will be able to play though my tube amp.
Fender Standard American Stratocaster
Boss DS-1
Budda Budwah
Electroharmonix Small Clone
Vox AD50VT
Not sure about guitar amps but I play my Korg Triton through a practice bass amp with no problems. And be sure to thank your trombone teacher by becoming awesome at the keyboard.
Stuff I use:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez RG350DX
Peavey 5150 (Signature)
Marshall 1960AV
headphones for now
Quote by HaKattack
Woman tone, eh?

Set treble to PUT THE TOILET SEAT DOWN WHEN YOU'RE DONE
Mids to YOU'RE DRIVING TOO FAST
Bass to WHAT DO YOU MEAN, "MAKE ME A SANDWICH"?
Gain to NOT TONIGHT, I HAVE A HEADACHE.

starter of the nadsat group
The thing to worry about is playing notes that are really low that the amp isn't designed to handle as that may damage it. However, if the keyboard has a small range or you have a way of cutting low frequencies you could get away with it in a pinch.

You might want to consider using your computer/stereo/anything else with speakers instead.
Quote by rebelmidget
I do believe you just used Blink 182 and hard rock in the same sentence. It would seem you're rather confused.
I have a quote in my signature! And it makes fun of blink-182! I'm cool now!

[Obligatory link to my band's MySpace]
I wouldn't recommend it. Especially if you are playing lower notes, it could blow out the speaker. It might work at a low volume, but it won't sound good anyway.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
Quote by SLD.Potato
The thing to worry about is playing notes that are really low that the amp isn't designed to handle as that may damage it. However, if the keyboard has a small range or you have a way of cutting low frequencies you could get away with it in a pinch.

You might want to consider using your computer/stereo/anything else with speakers instead.

SO if i got the right cable to hook it up to my stereo reciever it would work? because I happen to have a very nice stereo as well.
Fender Standard American Stratocaster
Boss DS-1
Budda Budwah
Electroharmonix Small Clone
Vox AD50VT
yeah that would be far better.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!