Need a bass player for my new black/death metal band in Sydney Australia, we're covering some Dimmu Borgir and writing our own stuff.

Just thought i'd see if i'm lucky enough to find any aussies on here
- Duvmunch
- Jackson RR24
- Marshall VS100 + Marshall 1960A Cab
Dimmu Borgir is neither death nor black metal, how old are you and where abouts are you located i might be interested
Gear:
Gibson Explorer
1981 Ibanez Destroyer II
1982 Ibanez Rocket Roll II
Charvel(ish) San Dimas 2 (modding)
Jackson PS-4 (modding)
Squier Affinity Strat (modding)
custom made Flying V/ Iceman
Headless Steinberger copy

Hail the Hordes!!
Haha what other genre would Dimmu be? Rap? Just with the added twist of corpse paint haha.
They are actually melodic extreme metal, they tried to join in on the whole hype around the black metal scene in Norway only after in appeared in the headlines due to the church burnings (Varg anyone??), they are an ok metal band, just not black metal. Im 18 and it sounds ok but unfortunatly i live in Bondi, therefore i would not be able to make the massive trek to Caringbah,
sorry mate
Gear:
Gibson Explorer
1981 Ibanez Destroyer II
Jackson PS-4 (modding)

Hail the Hordes!!
Last edited by Ashlakh at Jan 14, 2009,
no they are vegetarian progressive grindcore.

****ing noob
- Duvmunch
- Jackson RR24
yeah im the n00b,
because im the one starting a black/death metal band whilst listening to bands like "Killswitch Engage and Parkway Drive", for thinking Dimmu Borgir is Black Metal, for thinking Wikipedia is a reliable resource and if you really knew anything about Metal you would know that the two genres are incompatible because the two genres are and always will be at war with one another and the bands that try to mix them are idiotic ****heads and if you dont know what im talking about become an hero

also GOATSE
Gear:
Gibson Explorer
1981 Ibanez Destroyer II
Jackson PS-4 (modding)

Hail the Hordes!!
lol obviously haven't watched fur tv then, calm down.

we both like metal, why must there be genre debates?

also i like how you read through the 50 or so bands on my page and singled out the two metalcore ones. nice

"Favorite bands :
Bathory, Burzum, Bane of Isildur, Enslaved, Darkthrone"

Well theres not much to insult there, but i can assure you you're missing out on alot of good music if you only listen to 5 bands.
- Duvmunch
- Jackson RR24
Last edited by Duvmunch at Jan 14, 2009,
it clearly says favourite bands not every single band you listen too and dont tell me im missing out on good music as you know only 5 of the bands/composers that i listen too and could not give an estimate of the amount of music i like.

also DICKS
Gear:
Gibson Explorer
1981 Ibanez Destroyer II
Jackson PS-4 (modding)

Hail the Hordes!!
i'm gonna put you in a dress and hurt you

and stop with the friggin 4chan/ED humour, you didn't make it up, you don't own it, its not funny, just stop.

No.

STOP.

Dimmu Borgir are black metal.

Oh and all the music i listen to is better than the music you listen to.
- Duvmunch
- Jackson RR24
Last edited by Duvmunch at Jan 15, 2009,
Dude, if you want to find some ****ers to rock with then quit arguing with him and advertise
Rock is like sex. One you play it (have it), you're hooked!
-Clazgar

Turn up, tune in, drop out-Timmothy Leary

Quote by gtmustang2006
The Internet: Where men are men, women are men, and children are the FBI.
lets skip a step you are already in a dress so i will hurt you,
i made it up, i do own it, it is funny

Yes

START

oh and no your music is balls imitation metal,

Dimmu Borgir are slaves to the corporate **** of America and therefore they are corporate **** slut metal, jeez
Gear:
Gibson Explorer
1981 Ibanez Destroyer II
Jackson PS-4 (modding)

Hail the Hordes!!
Bane of Isildur rules, man!
Under the Southern Cross Metalfest next week: HELL YARR
Stormlords EP for $5!

I wouldn't be able to help, but I could write some stuff and send it to you if you're interested...
Quote by djurico666
I like to think that after all the hardcore dancers were happy they'd succesfully killed the air ninjas during Suicide Silence, Nile came out and made them all go

Quote by bendystraw
Work on playing with your penis. A dick solo would bring infinite girlfriends.
Quote by mrbean667
Bane of Isildur rules, man!

see you there Bane of Isildur FTW!!!!
Gear:
Gibson Explorer
1981 Ibanez Destroyer II
Jackson PS-4 (modding)

Hail the Hordes!!
Quote by Ashlakh
see you there Bane of Isildur FTW!!!!

I'll be wearing an Amon Amarth shirt!
If that narrows it down...
Quote by djurico666
I like to think that after all the hardcore dancers were happy they'd succesfully killed the air ninjas during Suicide Silence, Nile came out and made them all go

Quote by bendystraw
Quote by mrbean667
I'll be wearing an Amon Amarth shirt!
If that narrows it down...

ill be wearing a Bane of Isildur shirt with an inverted cross and a thors hammer on chains, but that just narrows it down to all the vikings who will be at the concert
Gear:
Gibson Explorer
1981 Ibanez Destroyer II
Jackson PS-4 (modding)

Hail the Hordes!!
Quote by Ashlakh
ill be wearing a Bane of Isildur shirt with an inverted cross and a thors hammer on chains, but that just narrows it down to all the vikings who will be at the concert

Yeah, there will be a lot there!
Quote by djurico666

Quote by bendystraw
Where in sydney? I'm actually not a fan of Dimmu but if you were willing to take it i can also help write Black metal guitar wise as well. strikes me as a good chance to get the good ole knee high combats black jeans and studded belt out too. =D

Edit. I can help with vocals as well......

and to all the guys going to under the southern cross SEE YA'S THERE!!! (Mayhem shirt knee high combats maybe dog chain left wrist)

@above The Factory isnt that big there wont be THAT many people there much less wearing that specific shirt, might pull over a hundred though.. which would be nice.
I am me. Live with it.
Last edited by DeAd-RiP at Jan 19, 2009,
Hey Duvmunch, I'm 18 and located around the Parramatta area. Yes, it's kind of far, but I don't really mind travelling. I have to admit, though, that I actually play guitar (not bass, but I do own a crappy Ashton one!), am not particularly a rabid fan of death metal and have never even heard of "Dimmu Borgir". Eep. ><

I'd be up for a jam or something, though - it's always an option! I'm pretty open to most types of music (except for jazz and funk, for some reason), so yeah. Feel free to PM me if any of this sounds good!

If it helps, I have vaguely heard of Metallica. ZOMG. Just kidding.
Quote by zephyrclaw
Hey Duvmunch, I'm 18 and located around the Parramatta area. Yes, it's kind of far, but I don't really mind travelling. I have to admit, though, that I actually play guitar (not bass, but I do own a crappy Ashton one!), am not particularly a rabid fan of death metal and have never even heard of "Dimmu Borgir". Eep. ><

I'd be up for a jam or something, though - it's always an option! I'm pretty open to most types of music (except for jazz and funk, for some reason), so yeah. Feel free to PM me if any of this sounds good!

If it helps, I have vaguely heard of Metallica. ZOMG. Just kidding.

Dimmu Borgir are some quite epic sounding symphonic metal, their first few albums could have been considered black metal (for all tid etc.).
I am me. Live with it.
Dimmu rules, no matter what genre they are.
Quote by djurico666

Quote by bendystraw
Quote by mrbean667
Dimmu rules, no matter what genre they are.

their old stuff yea their new stuff eeeehhhh.
I am me. Live with it.
First of all, Dimmu Borgir is completely black metal. Just because it's symphonic doesn't make it not true to the genre. And yeah, they commercialize themselves a bit more than they should, but still, at least it's no CoF (which Darkthrone admitted to resenting, which is basically the worst insult coming from a founder of the genre). Anywho, Dimmu Borgir is a great band, and Vortex's clean vocals are unmatched, and they still retain a fair amount of black metal sound. As for covering them, not the best choice if it's your start. Try like Slottet I Det Fjerne by Darkthrone, or a Mayhem song.

But good luck.
Quote by xChristgrindeRx
First of all, Dimmu Borgir is completely black metal. Just because it's symphonic doesn't make it not true to the genre. And yeah, they commercialize themselves a bit more than they should, but still, at least it's no CoF (which Darkthrone admitted to resenting, which is basically the worst insult coming from a founder of the genre). Anywho, Dimmu Borgir is a great band, and Vortex's clean vocals are unmatched, and they still retain a fair amount of black metal sound. As for covering them, not the best choice if it's your start. Try like Slottet I Det Fjerne by Darkthrone, or a Mayhem song.

But good luck.

...*sigh* since when did Black Metal advice come from a kid with x's either side of their name. I would consider their older stuff to be black but their newer stuff is....decidedly less "gr!m" to put a tag on it. Btw Darkthrone =/= the founder, the genre spawned from Venom's album 'black metal' as far as i know, that and Bathory were founded before they were and Quarthon (RIP) was supposedly the first the utilize what we know today as the howled/shrieked vocals. So Mr 'i know BM inside out' kindly educate yourself.
I am me. Live with it.
Quote by xChristgrindeRx

But good luck.

No.

Vortex is a pretty bad singer when you compare him to many, many more vocalists in metal. Clean vocals aren't gr1m. Synthesisers aren't gr1m. Slow songs with melodic solos aren't gr1m. Downtuning isn't gr1m.

Go download an LLN torrent pack, then come back when you know what gr1m black metal is.
I don't think that Dimmu downtunes, they just overdub a hell of a lot.
Quote by djurico666

Quote by bendystraw
Will do.
Quote by djurico666

Quote by bendystraw
Quote by xChristgrindeRx

But good luck.

Actually. Fuck that. Ever heard of Venom, or even Bathory?

Darkthrone began as a death metal band thanks, I'm not sure when they turned black metal but their bigger black metal releases aren't until the mid 90's, whereas Bathory had been going at it since 84. 10 years difference.

But I suppose you're right... Clean vocals are essential to black metal... so is top of the line production, synthesisers, choirs, and heavy weight record labels.

I hope more flaming comes to you, and I'm sorry for not getting mad at your fucking stupidity earlier
Quote by xChristgrindeRx

But good luck.

I'd say the first two Dimmu Borgir albums - perhaps even the third are black metal. The others aren't disqualified on the basis of being symphonic - its because they are too accessible. For a genre intended by its creators to be anti-accessible (yea, not just unaccessible, but actually opposed to being accessible), it's kinda hard to fathom an accessible band being categorized as black metal.

Anyway, speaking of founders, this leads me to my second point: Darkthrone were not the founders of black metal.

1981: Venom - some people call them the founders, some don't. I don't think they can be called 'black metal'.

1983/4: Hellhammer/Bathory: both these bands played Black Metal

1985: Mayhem: this band played black metal

1986: Darkthrone form under the name Black Death - they play bad thrash metal, nothing to do with black metal. Also, Nuctemeron from Poland at this time begun playing black metal. Also, Mayhem's Deathcrush EP

1987: Flames of Hell put out their (undeniably) black metal LP

1988: Von put out two Black Metal demos. Black Death become Darkthrone, and make a few DEATH (not black) metal demos.

1989: Darkthrone make a couple more DEATH metal demos, Burzum begins under the name Uruk-Hai and puts out a demo. Blasphemy puts out their Fallen Angel of Doom demo.

1990: Christblood puts out their Massacre in Heaven album

jeez I can't even be fucked anymore. There are so many black metal bands playing black metal before Darkthrone it's ridiculous. And I've missed out heaps anyway. Darkthrone's first black metal was 1991 - A Blaze in the Northern Sky. (Soulside Journey was death metal)
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to