alright i found a peavey 5150 combo on craigslist for $525 flat. should i go for it? or is there something better i can find for that price? im going to be playing pure metal and im already going over my budget so no "save up a little more for something even better" comments please.
I say get it, as long as the condition is good.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Fender Princeton 650 DSP w/ Celestion 80w speaker
go for it
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Quote by Friendly Stoat
I say get it, as long as the condition is good.

yea im going to try it out before i buy it, he said something about the channels being screwed up, but he took it to a professional and payed money to get everything checked out&cleaned. he said he rarely played it and had it for 5 years, so the tubes should be good still no?

Quote by justinb904
go for it

i really want to, but when im paying this much $$ for something i want to make sure its the best i can get with my money. i rarely come by this much money so yea, again i just want to make sure im getting the best out of my money
Last edited by crypticslaughtr at Jan 8, 2009,
Quote by crypticslaughtr
yea im going to try it out before i buy it, he said something about the channels being screwed up, but he took it to a professional and payed money to get everything checked out&cleaned. he said he rarely played it and had it for 5 years, so the tubes should be good still no?

Probably a good idea to replace them if it's still got the original tubes.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Fender Princeton 650 DSP w/ Celestion 80w speaker
Quote by metalmagic!
id say replace the tubes, but yeah, get it. peavey makes great amps.

alright im getting really tempted to buy it, ive tried this amp out at guitar center and i loved it. i dont think im going to be getting new tubes any time soon since I only have $400, and my parents said there really going to try and find a way to lend me the money, which brings me to my next question, im most likely going to have to sell one of my guitars :/ i have a jackson rx10d and an epiphone goth flying v that i both love. i play my epiphone alot more, although sweeping is alittle easier on the jackson but hey when i get this new amp im going to be playing non stop so yea haha. so yea how much money should i try to sell the guitar? the condition is pretty good, other than the chip on the long tail. i upgraded the pickups to real seymour duncans, i forgot which set they were though.