Does anyone know what the Stock String Gauges are on the LTD EC-1000? I dont want to switch gauges without knowing and screw up my action.

And i was wondering... I was looking at a Shecter C-1 Classic, and i was wondering if it was on the same playing field as my LTD? You guys get what im saying? Not necessarily on sound (Although that is very important) but on the quality side, Such as... Well... Basically the Overall quality of the guitar. As long as its on the same playing field (Or even a little bit better) thats what i want to know.

Thanks guys!
prob'ly .09's
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Quote by ShallowEndings
Alot of guitars come standard with .09's or .10's. Does it say anything in the FAQ on their website?

Good Call, didnt think of that. They Come with .10-.46's, jsut what i was hoping, lol!

And does anyone really know about the Schecter question?
I havent played either of them, but damb their beautiful guitars.
The main difference is the pickups, schecter: SD's, and the esp with EMG's.
As with the schecters, the necks are geneally thicker, but the ones i've played are generally pretty good, although i've played some duds, mainly lower end LTD's.
Can you possibly try it at a guitar shop near you?
Overall quality between those two guitars isn't that different. Heck, there's a chance that they are made in the same factory...
Quote by T!AN
Overall quality between those two guitars isn't that different. Heck, there's a chance that they are made in the same factory...

Yeh man your completely right on that. Idiot.
They are pretty similar concerning quality. Which brings me to my question: Wouldn't it be wiser in the long run to just keep playing the Ltd and save up more money for a guitar that is actually an upgrade rather than an (arguably unnecessary) addition?
Quote by ShallowEndings
Yeh man your completely right on that. Idiot.

Calling someone an idiot because of your own ignorance isn't usually a smart thing to do.

FYI, of all the Asian-made guitars, more than 50% of all guitars under $500
are made by Samick of Korea. Another 25% of guitars under $500 are
made in factories owned by Cort, which has manufacturing facilites in
Korea and Indonesia. Yamaha guitars are made in their own facility in
Taiwan. The rest are manufactured in independent factories in China
and Vietnam. OLP guitars and Carlo Robelli, for example, are Chinese
and Vietnamese made.

Yes those two guitars are over $500, but it shows there is only a handful of different guitar manufactures available for big companies to create contracts with for their budget lines.

Both the Schecter Diamond series and LTD 1000 series guitars are made in Korea and considering the small amount of guitar manufactures there are, it isn't impossible that they are indeed made in the same factory.

EDIT: Upon further research, apparently ESP and Schecter are (possibly) owned by the same buisness conglomerate. Not sure if that means much, but yeah...
Last edited by T!AN at Jan 8, 2009,
Quote by TheQuailman
They are pretty similar concerning quality. Which brings me to my question: Wouldn't it be wiser in the long run to just keep playing the Ltd and save up more money for a guitar that is actually an upgrade rather than an (arguably unnecessary) addition?

You sir, have a good point. I want a good guitar that has the Super Strat body style, but i really like the looks of the Schecter. That, and i want a 7 string eventually... I know shecter has a few 7 strings. Does anyone know which one of those is their higher quality?

I eventually plan to own at least one guitar of every body style Not only am i player, but i am also a collector! lol