Iv been looking at lots of new amps recently and still havent found an amp that easily fits my bill.

Im in the Uk have around £500 at my lowest and after saving and if i sell one of my guitars which im planning to around £800 (Could streach to £900 tops)

I am influenced by lots of artists and styles and would like an amp that can play most styles but i dont need to hit each perfectly.
Cleans: Well i dont like super bright sparkily cleans i prefer more mellow sounding cleans. Although i need good cleans as a fair amount of my playin is clean it doesnt need to be uber versitile.

Lead Channel: This is where I need my versatility. I would like prefibly to be able to get from a AC/DC esque crunch to a Hi gain tone such as GnR, Zakk wylde (although im not really a fan of his playing), Motley crue, Black stone cherry. You get the idea i want versitallity, although it doesnt have to go into proper brotal metal it does need to deffinatly get into hard rock.

A few last things. It has to be a combo and im sorry for making this so danm long!
check out the cornford roadhouse
Gear:

MIA Fender Stratocaster
Jackson Kelly KE3
Ibanez Universe
Marshall JCM 800
Orange Jim Root Terror
Mesa 2x12
Ovation Custom Balladeer
pedals and such in profile
Krank!!!!!
Gear
Ibanez GSA60
Jackson DXMGT
Schecter Hellraiser Tempest
Ibanez S470 DXQM
ESP LTD Deluxe EC-1000
Crate Halfstack and Crate 50W Tube Head
Boss MT-2, CH-1, CS-3, NS-2, & Cry Baby
Crate XT65R
I would look at a Marshal JVM or JCM series combo... they JVM may have a little more gain than you want, but its a great amp!
Quote by bass-boy-garith
Quote by guitarhero_764
I guess I'm kind of like a hippie. I'm anti-war, do drugs, and like communism.
Your not a hippie, just a ****ing moron.
Bugera?...

maybe a used peavey XXX combo or something
My gear:
PRS SE custom
~!~--Peavey XXX super 40 EFX --~!~
Peavey VK 112

===WGS Vet30
===JJ power tubes

---Pedals:
-ISP Decimator
-Digitech Bad Monkey
-Crybaby wah
-Korg Pitchblack
-Danelectro FnC EQ
Yeah the JVM series are nice amps. Amazingly versatile little things. The cleans and overdrive are fairly good but they get a little harsh on the high gain channel IMO. I'd probably go with this if you're looking for a combo. Not sure how much they cost though.

If you can get away with just buying a head then I'd maybe look at a JCM800. I think you can get one for around £700 - 800. They don't look like much in terms of features but you can get a whole lot of sounds from one of these depending on your EQ/volume settings. One of the best amps I've tried in this price range and possibly worth saving a little more and investing in one of these plus a decent cab.
JCM800. dont get a XXX, there mainly meant for fairly high gain metal.
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Orange Rocker, Rockerverb, Cornford Roadhouse, used hurricane, jcm800.
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

Hey guys, thanks for all the replys!

I was looking at the Jcm 800 for awhile but i forgot to mention I NEED a two channel amp and i know they have them in two channels but im still trying to find one let alone a two channel combo to try out.

Also im buying from a used local guitar shop because they said if they thought the condition of my JCM2000 DSL 1000 head was alright ill get like 500-700GBP for trade in! (I paid £460 ).

And sorry i forgot to mention i would like a combo (dont care on the size that much) and prefibly something around 30 watts but i can i suppose i could do 50 max. (also say if i had 50 if i pulled two tubes would i get it down to 25?)

Edit: Sorry bout such long post but i forgot to mention they dont stock oranges because the owner doesnt like them he says there to unreiliable in his opinion.
Also has anyone tryed the Kustom Coupe 36 i think it was. I didnt have time to try it and iv been told kustom are quite good (although i beleve their american voiced?)
Last edited by Zakk_Lp at Jan 9, 2009,
ENGL Screamer, Bogner Alchemist maybe?
Fender MIA Stratocaster (with SD Twang Banger)
Epiphone Les Paul Special II
Johnson Acoustic
Palmer FAB5
Marshall generally have more mellow cleans, most (Or all) of the bands use mentioned use Marshall. I'd get a JCM800. Used of course.
Say if i got a 2 channel 50watt JCM 800 would it be possible to pull two of the tubes and half the wattage?
Quote by Zakk_Lp
Say if i got a 2 channel 50watt JCM 800 would it be possible to pull two of the tubes and half the wattage?

I'm pretty sure the 50 watt only has two tubes.
Ohwell im an idiot then XD
Still could you pull one? Or does it need one for each channel?
Quote by Zakk_Lp
Ohwell im an idiot then XD
Still could you pull one? Or does it need one for each channel?

All A/B amps have to have tubes in pairs. With a class A amp you could leave it with only one tube but not with the JCM800.

It already has stupidly low headroom, if anything, I'd be getting the 100 watt.
Okay thanks, sorry i dont know much about how tubes work all i care about is how they sound.

Well what kind of volume do them start to break up at?
Quote by Horlicks
Played one?
Seeing as he's not online to reply, he has. Have you?
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
engl screamer (might be too sparkly)
laney tt50c
marshall jvm
kustom coupe
koch twintone? (haven't tried, but i've tried a few other kochs and they were nice- it may be over budget though)

might be some others i'm missing...

EDIT: is this for gigs?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by MrCarrot
Seeing as he's not online to reply, he has. Have you?

Nope, just curious.
Quote by Horlicks
Nope, just curious.
Fair enough, fair enough.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Oli, stop your suspiciousness

Yeah, i'd look into the JCM800, maybe an Orange Rocker and Dave's recommended some nice alternatives to the usual
Quote by jxljxl
If UG had a Facebook style Relationship thing, I'd e-marry you C-mak

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

^Think he might have a thing for me...
if you're willing to go used, you should check out a mesa f-30 or an f-50. it has good cleans that aren't fender bright and a good range of distortion. i use my f-30 for pop-punk and post rock, and my friend uses an f-50 in a funk band and a classic rock cover band. they're very tweakable and usually go buy it now on ebay for around $1000 with a footswitch.
Engl Thunder (as the Screamer's already been suggested) = £700
Marshall DSL401 = £550 (I thought something at the bottom of your budget could be useful)
Marshall JVM 205C 2X12 = £827
Orange RK30C Rocker = £629 (very good amps indeed)
Peavey 6505 = £839 (probably too high gain but I love them!)
Gibson Les Paul Studio with Catswhiskers pickups
PRS SE 'Floyd' Custom 24 with Creamery pickups
Fender Standard Stratocaster with DiMarzio pickups
Takamine GN30
BluGuitar AMP1
Quote by Doadman
Engl Thunder (as the Screamer's already been suggested) = £700
Marshall DSL401 = £550 (I thought something at the bottom of your budget could be useful)
Marshall JVM 205C 2X12 = £827
Orange RK30C Rocker = £629 (very good amps indeed)
Peavey 6505 = £839 (probably too high gain but I love them!)

seeing how his current amp is a DSL100, i dont think that would be a very good option for him
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.