Poll: Would you want to know how to do Sign Language?
Poll Options
View poll results: Would you want to know how to do Sign Language?
Yes
38 50%
No
38 50%
Voters: 76.
So I've been signing for about 2 and a half years now and I barely know anybody who does it and I know theres alot of people who know how to do it so I wanted to see how many of you UGers know how to do it or want to learn it.
Last edited by Wondewall7 at Jan 8, 2009,
half of my class takes sign language as their language class cuz they're too lazy to take a real language.
_b l/ink youreyes /1 for yes 2 fo_r n o
Quote by SoWrongItsMatt
Didn't you just make a thread on this?

yes but I added a poll and I couldn't do that unless I started a knew thread so I locked/deleted the other one so I could start this one.
I LOVE SIGN LANGUAGE.
but only fun phrases & pickup lines.

as for you, you spin a story like a spider spins a web
see? that's a metaphor - no wait, a simile
i'm still learning, but i think i'm getting better
Quote by Wondewall7
yes but I added a poll and I couldn't do that unless I started a knew thread so I locked/deleted the other one so I could start this one.

Uhh, you could go to Edit Post and then add a poll.
not very hard, man.
love is love // return to dust
It is a fun way to talk about people that are around that you know don't know how to do it. Also it makes cheating on tests and various other meaningless things. There is always the off chance that it will help you in life sometime. I've actually used it at work and it gets a great deal of attention from the ladies, "it's so sweet the way you helped..."
SPAM
Stock Gibson Pickups from a 2005 V, I think they're a 498T and 500T set FS/FT
Duncan Distortion (regular spaced) FS

Looking for: an acoustic, recording gear, or $
Quote by tancanada
Uhh, you could go to Edit Post and then add a poll.
not very hard, man.

Not from what I can see it only lets you start a poll when you frist make a thread it won't let me make a poll once the thread is made atleast for me but theres no point in arguing about it so I won't.
I wouldn't mind to learn sign language.
I'M BACK IN THE SADDLE
I only need to know one sign
People are bastards. Bastardcoated bastards with bastardfilling.
Quote by Wondewall7
... so I wanted to see how many of you UGers know how to do it or want to learn it.

Yet you didn't give separate poll options ...

I wouldn't mind learning it.
DOWN WITH THIS SORT OF THING
and
CAREFUL NOW

No man needs a holiday more than the man who has just had one.
I used to know a bit, but I've forgotten everything apart from the alphabet. I would like to know it though.
"F*ck the guitar solos!!" - Olli Vänskä

Quote by Capt_Clarkson
I dont know whats worse, you going out with a peadophile, or the fact you went to see Dragonforce
Err... DragonForce?

Happily married to SuperKoolKid
I can say general phrases, you know, the kind of stuff you'd need to order a drink, such as 'homosexual rainbow pelican' and 'retarded cucumber'.
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
I took several courses so I could talk to my deaf cousin and his wife. But they've moved away so I only get to see them on rare occasions. Now that I don't use it very often I've forgotten most of it. While I was taking the courses I thought about becoming an interpreter but backed out of it.
Quote by archangels666
I think it would be cool to learn it. Could come in handy sometime.

Good pun.

But i currently know only one expression in sign language, and it uses my middle finger.
Ball Custom Mark I

Korg Pitchblack > Dunlop Crybaby wah > mODDball audio Green Bastard > Marshall GV2 Guv'nor Plus > EHX Holy Stain > MXR Phase 90 > MXR Carbon Copy

Jet City JCA20h
Epiphone Valve Jr.
Blackstar HTV212
Why use my hands in confusing motions when I can just write my intentions in chalk on a small 10x10 piece of chalkboard.
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” -Winston Churchill
my friend at work can do it.. he signs along to songs and stuff..
i can't understand much of what he says other than "let's have sex"
sig under construction.
I know the sign for 'shower'. My friend taught me. I'm not 100% sure why she did, but she did.
wen i ask they say that they fall into the habit smhw ........but nyways i think there is a connection smwhere. Now i being a teetollar will not give into this habit nyhw

FOR JUST £2 A WEEK, YOU CAN PREVENT THIS.
There are other languages that I'd rather learn than sign language. But I'm not saying I wouldn't want to know it if the opportunity presented itself.
tumblr | twitter | instagram
Quote by Rossenrot
Aig91 Atomizes Rossenrot Before Offering Mercy In Exchange For Wholesale Genuflection
I know a few signs for animals, a few for swearing, and then a few random ones that are used in the scouts promise.

My favourite use of sign language is to sign "you look like a <insert animal here>"
Oh and turtle. The sign for turtle is awesome.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

i can spell out my first name, that's all. it would be cool to learn more.
from daylight...
...into darkness