Ok, so I've read a few threads saying that the 5150 has a fixed bias for the power tubes, but it doesn't say if it applies to the 6505+. Like, i don't know if Peavey added an adjustable bias to it when they made the 5150 II or when they took the name off of it after the falling out with EVH. But the reason I want to know is because I'm only 15 and I want a new amp, but I don't want to have to pay for a tech, and I already know how to replace preamp tubes, and I'm looking to either by a 6505+ or a Dual Rectifier. But if anyone could set me straight on whether or not the bias on it is fixed or not, I'd appreciate it if you could let me know. Thanks.
The adjustable bias sweep on the 6505+ is not that big.
Baron K2 SE 120
MILLS 4x12 Afterburner
Eventide TimeFactor Delays
ISP Pro Rack G Noise Suppressor
BKP Warpig pickups
I'm not sure about the fixed bias issue, but you don't necessarily have to pay a tech. If the bias is adjustable, you could learn to bias or get someone who's older and more experienced with electronics to help you. It's not as hard as it's made out to be, if you're careful.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
The 6505+ has an adjustable bias, but it's not a very large sweep.

You'd probably be fine just taking the old ones out and putting the new ones in, without a bias on it, but you might as well attempt to bias it right.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com