Page 1 of 2
i have 2 local rock bars in northern virginia...Jammin Java and State Theatre. What is your favorite local rock bar? and who has been your favorite band to come play there?
Uxbridge - The Crown & Treaty.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.
I only go to stone rooms.

Andredit: That was terrible.

I don't have any local bars to go to, normally I just go downtown and sometimes a band will be preforming on the streets or doing a show....
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
Last edited by Just Andrew at Jan 8, 2009,
Quote by ledzeppelinman
i have 2 local rock bars in northern virginia...Jammin Java and State Theatre. What is your favorite local rock bar? and who has been your favorite band to come play there?

ANYBODY from NOVA must know JAXX nightclub... Come on man...

EDIT: As for bands I've seen there, Shadows Fall, Symphony X, The Faceless, Abigail Williams, and my own band has played there a few times, and I'm seeing Satyricon there in a couple weeks.
Neon Neon Neon Neon Neon Black

UG's #1 anti-active advocate

Gear:
Engl Powerball
Carvin DC727
Schecter C-1+
Line 6 Flextone 3
Line 6 M9
Last edited by COBHC728 at Jan 8, 2009,
Not old enough for bars but I saw my old science teachers band at a bar once at a place called The Tavern or something. It closed soon after.
good thing about livin in buffalo is thats all we have is bars, we have a ton of bars that do the live music nights
Im gonna pistol whip the next guy that says shenanigans !!!!
in Glasgow Scotland there is a few there is the solid rock cafe the crowbar ruffs t's fire fly and the cathouse
Back in England - Fins in Weymouth
Here - No idea.
Quote by n to the k
^ you are wise

Quote by Maus24
There's been sooo many threads done on this; I don't even wanna hear that you used the searchbar. Staring at it and giggling does not count.
The worlds fu cked up and we lit the fuse, its all used up what you gonna do?
magic city music hall, but its more of just a concert venue.

the downtown quarterback is probably the closest to my house as far as "rock bars" go. its kinda in a roughish area though. some dude got shot outside of it about a month or two ago.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Quote by ledzeppelinman

Fastlane has rocked Jammin Java a few times. Good venue! Or at least it was like 3 years ago...
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com
The Newport Music Hall or The Alrosa Villa (where Dime got shot. R.I.P. )
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
Last edited by Garou1911 at Jan 8, 2009,
Quote by ledzeppelinman

Yeah i live in North VA. Where do you live?

you also forgot Jaxx.
www.myspace.com/thepressmen
Check it out! If you do listen, ignore the bass playing on the songs. I recorded them when i was alot worse then i am now.

Quote by isildurs_bane
This is the pit. People will fight to the death about their favorite colour.
In Bury there's Siberia and it's Rock night on Wednesdays and Fridays.

It usually lets in little slaggy underage people but I must remember that I was one of them back in the day so ehhh.

In Manchester there's Jilly's and it's fairly awesome apart from the hoardes of drug users.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Scout Bar-Houston (outskirts)
We recently had Drowning pool, saliva, 5FDP etc
Quote by Azgirio
Yeah, you definitely raped his churches and burned his women.

Quote by LordBishek
Forgive the bluntness, but what in the chucklefucking hell is this?
The Jumping Turtle - San Marcos!

We get some good bands.
As I Lay Dying played with Destroy the Runner.

And pretty much all the local bands play there.
Blindfolds aside I'd probably still close my eyes

And try to feel a trembling fetal life inside
that shotgun barrel that's about to make me bleed

Like an ulcer in the stomach of the beast

Quote by Aurex
your sarcasam amuses me

CSUSM
TT the Bear's and the Middle East.

Any of you familiar with the Boston scene should know 'em.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Quote by BFAbassist306
Yeah i live in North VA. Where do you live?

you also forgot Jaxx.

i live in herndon/reston
Yeah i live not too far from there. Do you know the place Jimmys Old Town Tavern? i played a show there a year ago. I live in Gainesville.
Check it out! If you do listen, ignore the bass playing on the songs. I recorded them when i was alot worse then i am now.

Quote by isildurs_bane
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
In Bury there's Siberia and it's Rock night on Wednesdays and Fridays.

It usually lets in little slaggy underage people but I must remember that I was one of them back in the day so ehhh.

In Manchester there's Jilly's and it's fairly awesome apart from the hoardes of drug users.

sounds like the best part.

Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Quote by BFAbassist306
Yeah i live not too far from there. Do you know the place Jimmys Old Town Tavern? i played a show there a year ago. I live in Gainesville.

oh ya i live no joke 5 mins. from there. thats pretty sweet that you played there!!
Quote by ledzeppelinman
oh ya i live no joke 5 mins. from there. thats pretty sweet that you played there!!

Yeah ive played there, Jaxx on Jan. 4, and i was going to play at Jammin Java awhile back and ive pllayed at a bunch of other places around here.

Quote by isildurs_bane
Quote by NoLaurelTree000
sounds like the best part.

Not when you're neither high or drunk.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Nothing sounds worse to me than going to a dingy "Rock" bar and drinking shitty Pilsner beer like Bud Light to watch some band of 40 year olds that sound like Alice in Chains or Nickleback.

I have a few choice bars, but they're my kind of place.
Poor advice.
I've got a couple;
the Underground - saw Threat Signal
The Warehouse (basically the same thing) - Saw Misery Signals + Comeback Kid
The Portugese Club (friend owns it) - saw my friends band Eveline And Ever
and The Community Center. saw Riverfront Avenue + Eveline And Ever
Well BFAbassist and ledzeppelinman, that makes 3 of us from Northern VA. I live in the Leesburg area.
Neon Neon Neon Neon Neon Black

UG's #1 anti-active advocate

Gear:
Engl Powerball
Carvin DC727
Schecter C-1+
Line 6 Flextone 3
Line 6 M9
when home its the chance and the loft. while at school its the crazy donkey and any thing in nyc
GEAR
Schecter Tempest Custom
Squire Strat
Peavey Bandit 65
Zoom 505II
Quote by BFAbassist306
Yeah ive played there, Jaxx on Jan. 4, and i was going to play at Jammin Java awhile back and ive pllayed at a bunch of other places around here.

yo send me a message or something the next time you play around here. ill definitely go see you always up for that kinda stuff.
There seem to be some rock gigs in a bar called Imperia thats realy close to me, and theres a bad called DownTown that only plays rock music and the people that mostly hang around there are rockers and stuff. I hate it there because i ordered ice tea, and the waiter looked at me like i was crazy and said in a realy im-appaouled-that-you-would-even-consider-that tone "We dont hold THAT." WTH, can i only drink beer if i listen to rock music!? I HATE BEER!
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
Quote by Supertait
Back in England - Fins in Weymouth
Here - No idea.

Finns closed for a bit before xmas - I think it has new owners. All the old rock posters and **** has gone

Queens/Somerset/Excise House still have bands on though
a place a couple blocks down from where i live called el gran teocali in milwaukee. pretty chill place.

once saw a rock band with like 4 members using trumpets. they were awsome
The cathouse,
it has an under 18's night which is usually occupied with scenetastic kiddies but aparts from that its pretty good.
" Did You know, in Tibet, if they want something, do you know what they do? They give something away."

"Do they ? That must be why they're such a dominant global power."
Page 1 of 2