i want to make a guitar.....how easy could it be to make a guitar with

floyd rose bridge (original or licensed)

strat styled body

24.75 scale length neck with 22 frets

black hardware

h-s-s configuration

wine red finish or custom design (i am intending to paint it)

i want to know the easiest way to make this guitar...and where i could get some cheap parts...besides ebay for now
Squirrels>all other animals group

Quote by Prophet of Page
I don't recommend passive pickups for any kind of blues tone. Ideally, you'd want a passive pickup with a reasonably low level of output.
You want to make it from parts?

Well, bodies and necks aren't cheap. I know you just said not ebay, but it is the best choice. Aside from craiglist or the UG buy and sell.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
Quote by Øttər
You want to make it from parts?

Well, bodies and necks aren't cheap. I know you just said not ebay, but it is the best choice. Aside from craiglist or the UG buy and sell.

ill buy from ebay..just cant now...i have to make some money first so i just wanna know some average prices i can get the parts for

i saw on guitarfetish.com
that they had some reasonable prices on bodys and floyd rose type bridges oh and handwired pickguards

Quote by Prophet of Page
I don't recommend passive pickups for any kind of blues tone. Ideally, you'd want a passive pickup with a reasonably low level of output.
Last edited by eahilder at Jan 8, 2009,
Would be much cheaper to acquire your own wood and cut/route it yourself. No idea where you could get cheap hardware from as I'm in Australia. You might have to shop around UG, see what pops up.
Quote by Invader Jim
A post with that many big words just HAS to be right.

Wii FC: 8115 1176 4951 3028
Quote by shadow phoenix
Would be much cheaper to acquire your own wood and cut/route it yourself. No idea where you could get cheap hardware from as I'm in Australia. You might have to shop around UG, see what pops up.

yea but honestly i dont know if i would be up to routeing it and cuting to myself just yet

Quote by Prophet of Page
Add in the cost of tools to any build from scratch.

Guitar fetish? No. All my hardware from there is crap. All of it.

You might spend $200 on all your stuff from GFS, but it will be a waste of $200....
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
Quote by Øttər
Add in the cost of tools to any build from scratch.

Guitar fetish? No. All my hardware from there is crap. All of it.

You might spend $200 on all your stuff from GFS, but it will be a waste of $200....

should i just look on ebay once i get money?? also what about mighty mite guitar necks on ebay???

Quote by Prophet of Page
there is a company called grizzly or something that sells guitar sets...where they give you everything you need to make a guitar...probably low quality but you could buy different sets and combine them considering they are relatively cheap, i saw the magazine for this company at my band mates house google it or something, grizzly custom builds (i think)

EDIT: http://grizzly.com/products/category.aspx?key=235040
found the website everything was cheaper in the magazine though..sorry hope i helped a bit
Last edited by goldenslumbers at Jan 8, 2009,
idk i think ill use ebay...

Quote by Prophet of Page
Last edited by eahilder at Jan 8, 2009,
Get a neck from Warmoth, and be a man and build your own body.

/thread.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.