I need to find a song that has a theme parallel to the book. Its theme for those who haven't read it is basically the journey children go through as they age mostly centered around the discovery of "evil" in the world (racism, prejudice,being a dick), and how they lose their innocence when they are forced to incorporate that evil into the way they think (hence "To Kill A Mockingbird" [is a sin due to harm/corrupt something which has done no harm to you]).
lol the death of emmett till is the song my teacher recomended but the theme is actually kinda off since racism is just a side theme of TKAM
and the only idea i got so far is "time" by pink floyd due to the similar idea that with age comes despair
Quote by Lrn2play
lol the death of emmett till is the song my teacher recomended but the theme is actually kinda off since racism is just a side theme of TKAM

I see.

But I thought racism was one of the main themes to TKMB, not a side theme at all.
Quote by fret_racer82
I see.

But I thought racism was one of the main themes to TKMB, not a side theme at all.

But it's more about the kid's reactions to their father's attitude towards the racism more than the actual racism itself.
Quote by Lrn2play
and the only idea i got so far is "time" by pink floyd due to the similar idea that with age comes despair

+1 Win

Tell me why I had to be a powerslave
I dont wanna die, Im a god, why cant I live on?
When the life giver dies, all around is laid to waste.
And in my last hour,
Im a slave to the power of death

Member Of The Jagermeister Fan Club
Quote by samick007
But it's more about the kid's reactions to their father's attitude towards the racism more than the actual racism itself.

yeah thats mosty it, and how they learn from the experience, going back to my summary
I Cum blood

think about it
Quote by RU Experienced?
See the FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU- thread, he's a God amongst men.

^^ about me

Confucius once say: "Women is like jazz music, 3/4 jazz time, 1/4 ragtime."

This is my sig, get over it. ಠ_ಠ
I hated being forced to read that god-awful boring book numerous times in high school.
Gear:
Gibson SG Standard
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Gretsch G6118T Anniversary
Fender Standard Telecaster
Epi Les Paul Standard
Fender Showmaster

Peavey Valveking Half Stack

My YouTube Channel
and even though this thread was supposed to be themes id like to add that the description of Boo Raddley at the end is strikingly similar to Billy Corgan O.o