Thinking about installing a Floyd Rose bridge on my Gibson SG and i was wondering if and in that case what kind of effects it will have on the original tone of the guitar? Also,what bridge model would be best for the kind of music i play,mostly trash/classic heavy metal,and,last but not least, what would this approximately cost if i brought it to a proffesional guitar builder? (Not so sure about doing it myself since im not very handy when it comes to this kind of stuff :p )
i cant chime in much but i know most the time you cant put a standard floyd in a sg due to the body being too thin.

a floyd would also kill alot of that nice neck-through/set neck (i forgot) sustain.

not to be a ass but in my short life here ive seen atleast 5 different threads on sgs with floyd, PLEASE use the searchbar.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
The body is too thin.

Also, conor, SG's are set neck .
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
some sg's are bolt-on.

The body is waaaaaaayyy too thin to take the roues of a floyd try a Bigsby, stetsbar, Vibrola, or a Kahler (although LP despises them)
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
that's true

Quote by Øttər
The body is too thin.

Also, conor, SG's are set neck .

thank ya very much,
i new i was somewhere in the ballpark of the right answer

just in case of any future questions- les pauls are just sets too right?
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Yes.

There aren't a whole lot of factory neckthroughs. THe Gibson firebird is, and so are a lot of ibanez's, those are the only that spring to mind right now.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
a couple Michael Kelly's and some Jackson RR's are neck-thru, along with a few schecters, I think

Yeah.

I just noticed... Spinal Remains is a creepy ass name. Who is this guy?

Agh... freakin me out man.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
just realized TS hasn't been online in like 9 days. His/Her/it's profile pic is strange too

Lol, Spinal remains is a song,i promise, you dont need to be scared of me xD

Thanks for the answers though.