Hi, I love my 314ce but I'm looking to upgrade and I was wondering which model you prefer and why. Maybe it will help me make up my mind. Right now I'm leaning toward the 714ce. Money is not an issue, but the only ones i wouldnt want are the 900's. Thanks
Personally, I like the Martin that I am buying this week (so excited), however there was a Taylor GS (Grand Symphony) that was at my store that I LOVED...the bass is about as loud it seems as a dreadnought, but it has so many overtones it is insane, it almost sounds piano like. The highs are pretty pronounced too, but it didn't hit me as much as the beautiful bass notes that just shake the room with sound, but weren't boomy.

They are fairly new, and honestly I can't even remember how much it was (other than out of my price range) but I really liked it.
Do R. Taylors count? If so, then definitely R. Taylors. If not, then the Presentation series, of course.

Just curious, why don't you like the 900 series Taylors?
too much bling, seem like a lot of bells and whistles for not that much more guitar
Quote by jimtaka
Do R. Taylors count? If so, then definitely R. Taylors. If not, then the Presentation series, of course.

Just curious, why don't you like the 900 series Taylors?

If cost is truly not an issue, and you don't want bling... Check out R. Taylors.

www.buffalobrosguitars.com
Last edited by Nims at Jan 9, 2009,
I have a 414ce, and I love the thing. Though now I've fallen for the Koa models, and am seriously considering a trade.

K22ce
Last edited by Danitarium at Jan 9, 2009,
I played an 814 CE at GC once. Fell in love with it right then and there. It looks as good as it sounds....

Although...those Koa models are highly sexy....
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Typically, what type of tone can you expect from Koa?
It's Only Rock and Roll, But I like It
Very rich and balanced a little towards the bass end. Koa is very hit or miss with sound from what I've experienced so far.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.