I am thinking about looking into and buying a Schecter. I have alot of questions about them.

What kind of guitars are Schecter?
Do they cover anything, or are they more shred guitars?

Are they good quality?
Good craftsmanship? Good Electronics?

Good Reliability?
Are they gig-worthy and can they stand-up to that kind of use?

How long will they last?

What brand would you compare them to?
Are they more like Fenders, or more like Epiphones, or what?

Either answer the questions, or tell me your own idea and what you think of Schecters.
I would liken them most to Les Pauls, but they often have Floyds or the equivalent. Solidly build, heavy, and sturdy as a muhfuh.

I don't like them but they are good guitars.
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com
well... it depends on the Schecter you want. the hellraiser series is all about metal. but then all the others are for anything you want it to be. they're crafted really well and their electronics are good too. I've gigged with my Schecter Omen 6 a few times and it was REALLY durable! i'm expecting mine to last for a long time. I'd compare them to high-end epiphones, low-end gibsons, high-end Ibanez's and some mid-end fenders. also, Schecter's are really underated by everyone who flames on them. They really are good and are very versatile. everyone that thinks that they're "ONLY FOR METAL" is wrong, they're only looking at the hellraiser series, every other guitar that Schecter makes can get you a sound for any genre you want.
I can answer some, it's my favorite brand, and I've only played a few, mostly my brothers.

I think they might not be the best choice for shredding becasue they usually have a thicker neck.

They will easily hold up in a gig, and are reliable.

My brothers hasn't had any problems or had to replace it for anything, though some peoplle prefer to change the pickups since they are many times Duncan Designed, and not SD.

Schecter is probably the best brand, especially for the prices, IMO.

They usually have good cleans as well as a good crunchy tone with distortion.

Don't know too much else except to say, they are the best. Obviously people will disagree, but it's an opinion.
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
God dammit you had me 10/10
Schecter guitars are:

Reliable
Well Built
Diverse (depending on the model)
Will last forever. My first C-1 from 5 years ago still plays better than anything I've bought since.
Some models are light, some are heavy.
Some have floyds, some do not.

As far as brand comparison, I'd say the sub C-1 models are on par with LTD's and the C-1's are almost exactly the same as an ESP H or MH.

Noting my sig, you will see I have a bit of experience here. I was endorsed by them, and in that capacity they're great as well.

Now I'm under ESP but that is totally irrelevant.

Basically all your questions can only be answered if you give us a specific model.
This water's dark and coldGod's not where you hopedThis moment come and goneIt's time we all moved on
They are good guitars. Depending on what model you buy it can be a shred guitar or something to play all styles. Some have seymour duncans, some have duncan designed, and others have EMG's. I think some also just have schecter pickups. They have pretty good solid construction, I've had my Gryphon for a few years and aside from some wiring problems it plays perfectly fine.

They are most definitely gig worthy. They play fine live, they don't break or short-out or really have any problems except for the idea that they are simply metal guitars, they are so much more than that. Mine's lasted three years and maybe aside from swapping out the pickups I won't really do anything to it. Maybe take it and get it professionally set up, after three years ha ha, but I won't need another guitar for a while. Alot of the bodies are strat shape but they also have a Corsair which is a semi-hollow shaped like an ES-335, and they have some insane styles that just scream METAL!!!

Love them all the same, I am looking at buying a Schecter Stilleto Studio Fretless Bass. Four string. I think I might be addicted to schecters. Ha ha ha.

What style of music do you play anyway? That'll tell you what model of schecter you want.
Gear:1991 Fender MIJ Jazz/Squier VM Fretless Jazz -> Pitchblack -> Way Huge Green Rhino -> Boss OC-2 -> Boss DD-7 -> Markbass Tube 800 -> SWR 4x12.

Flat wounds. Flat wounds on everything. Everything is a little fatter when it's flatter.
They are manufactured outside of the US but set up in the US.

They can cover anything:

Hellraiser = Metal
C1's = Good Overall Guitar

Built to last, great sound quality (If you like Seymour Duncan p'ups or EMG's depending on the guitar)
I don't believe in signatures. Ah, sh...
I am wanting a tele, so I was thinking about looking into and possibly buying a Schecter PT-Standard.
They are good for the price. They are pretty versatile, at least the ones with passive pickups. The electronics vary, some have rather mediocre "Duncan Designed" pickups while others have real Duncans, which are good.
They should be able to take some abuse, definitely gig worthy. I've gigged with far worse.
They will last pretty long as long as you don't throw them down the stairs. The hardware seems reliable.

I'd neither compare them to Fenders nor Gibsons, they're more like a modern guitar (Ibanez, Jackson) with a thicker neck and a less shred-oriented, but beefier tone if that makes any sense.

I personally am not so fussed about Schecters, I don't know what all the hype is about. Not like there's anything wrong with them, they just aren't my cup of tea. Imo they're not any better than other comparably priced guitars and they lack some character. They're good but I'm always like "meh, just one guitar out of many."
Depending on the music you play, other brands are worth considering, too. What do you play and how much are you willing to spend? Is a used guitar an option?
Schecter. Fender's no good here.
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
God dammit you had me 10/10
Also, I play 60's jangle-pop (Byrds, Zombies, etc.), Glam-rock (David Bowie, G&R, etc.), general classic-rock.

My budget is around $500.
Mmmmmm.

the PT's are niiice.

Typically a heavier guitar (weight wise) with a more rounded neck.

From there it's a pretty typical dual humbucker tele, with the addition of a sick coil tap.

My only beef with that model is the stock p-ups, but that is something you'll find a lot across the lower end models.
This water's dark and coldGod's not where you hopedThis moment come and goneIt's time we all moved on
Yeah that PT might work for you. I would swap out the humbuckers but that is me. What amp are you planning on playing this through?
Gear:1991 Fender MIJ Jazz/Squier VM Fretless Jazz -> Pitchblack -> Way Huge Green Rhino -> Boss OC-2 -> Boss DD-7 -> Markbass Tube 800 -> SWR 4x12.

Flat wounds. Flat wounds on everything. Everything is a little fatter when it's flatter.
Quote by neptune1988
I plan to use either a Fender Blues Jr., a Line 6 Spider Valve, or Ampeg Jet-20.

no line 6...
Ok. Well I think it sounds good. Especially with that Ampeg Jet. Do you not have an amp now or what?

There's no way that I can have it custom-made to where the controls are set-up like on an actual Tele, is there?
I dunno. It would probably cost you more if you had them custom make it. I would suggest taking it to a shop and ask them to set it up for you. And switch out the humbuckers while you're at it.

Quote by neptune1988
There's no way that I can have it custom-made to where the controls are set-up like on an actual Tele, is there?

diamond series guitars can NOT be customized. you'd have to do it yourself...
To JF-SH1:

I am using an original '68 Ampeg Gemini combo. It was my dad's when he started in 1968, he was like 6 or 7th grade at the time.

It still works......beautifully I might add.
Quote by neptune1988
To JF-SH1:

I am using an original '68 Ampeg Gemini combo. It was my dad's when he started in 1968, he was like 6 or 7th grade at the time.

It still works......beautifully I might add.

So if it works beautifully why upgrade? Just desire? Or specific reason?

personally, i don't like them at all.
they just feel cheap to me.

I don't know, i guess i'm just picky.
Guitars:
Ibanez s2170fb Prestige
Epiphone Les Paul standard plus top
Squier Strat
Ovation CC 057 Celebrity
What kind of guitars are Schecter?
Depends on the model. Hellraisers are generally more shred/metal geared, but models like the classics are amazingly versatile.

Are they good quality?
The neck joints especially caught my eyes, the neck thru's are flawless, and even the bolt on necks have plenty of room. Pickups are generally EMG or duncan, so those are great stock. The licensed floyds are pretty damn good for non-official, and the string-thru bridges provide great sustain.

Good Reliability?
Built like a truck.

How long will they last?
That depends on you lol

What brand would you compare them to?
Are they more like Fenders, or more like Epiphones, or what?
Uhh...more like ESP.