So I'm going to buy a set of vintage-style pickups for my Strat, all single-coils. I've decided that my noiselesses aren't really doing the things I want, so I've been looking for a good set, but I want to hear your guys' opinions. I've heard lots of good things about the Seymour Duncan Antiquities, as well as Fender's Custom Shop pickups. Apparently Bare Knuckle makes some amazing ones, but I'd rather not ship them all the way from England. Budget is $200, American. Thanks.
2007 American Deluxe Strat
Crate Palomino V32 - 1x12
Boss DS-1
Crybaby Wah
Maxon OD-808
Talk to Corduroyeu. Rockmonkeyguitars.com all the way. They're handwound custom for you and are really the best things you can get. I have some in my strat and they're fantastic.
Quote by forsaknazrael
You should probably mug John Frusciante or Ritchie Blackmore. They're small guys, we could take 'em.

Just look out for that other guy in the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Will Farrel. He's a tall mofo, got a long reach.

Quote by Invader Jim
I give up.

id go for Lace before fender. and yes, i have also heard some good things about antiquities as well.

id personally get a set of hot gold sensor Lace's. but thats just me.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
lace sensors maybe?
Quote by Diet_coke_head
Hey! Now you can molest you're grandma and she won't remember! Score!!!

Gear:
Fender Aerodyne Jazz Bass
Fender V Jazz
Ashdown MAG 410
EH Bass Big MUff
MXR Bass Octave Deluxe
Digitech Synth Wah
Quote by Tatersalad1080
lace sensors maybe?

Lace sensors =/= rockmonkeyguitar pickups. I'm sorry sir, but you are mistaken. Rockmonkeyguitar pickups all the way. Do it, you know you want to.
Quote by forsaknazrael
You should probably mug John Frusciante or Ritchie Blackmore. They're small guys, we could take 'em.

Just look out for that other guy in the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Will Farrel. He's a tall mofo, got a long reach.

Quote by Invader Jim
I give up.

rockmonkeyguitars.com pickups or Lindy Fralin pickups would probably be your best bets.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Quote by VoodooCow229
Talk to Corduroyeu. Rockmonkeyguitars.com all the way. They're handwound custom for you and are really the best things you can get. I have some in my strat and they're fantastic.

Rockmonkeys are made in England...
Boss DS-1
Crybaby Wah
Maxon OD-808
As long as they fit into your budget, that shouldn't be a problem. It's no extra stress on you getting them shipped from England unless the shipping costs put you over budget.

I'd still look at Lindy Fralin and maybe Stephens Design pickups. I think they're both American made.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Any opinion on the custom shop fenders? Seems like no one reccomends them...
Boss DS-1
Crybaby Wah
Maxon OD-808
I have CS Texas Specials, but I got them when they were $130 a set. At the prices they want for them now, the boutique guys do a better job for a similar price.

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86
Seymour Duncan Seth Lovers?

o never mind, you have a strat.

Check out BareKnuckles
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
Last edited by bjovi400 at Jan 8, 2009,