i do not know much about amps but i would like to get an amp that has great classic rock sound. my budget is around $800. any suggestions?
This always bugs me but what is a "classic rock sound." I mean, Page's early days sound is nothing like his late-Zeppelin tones, and none of Page's tones are like Clapton's tones, and none of them are like Allman's tones, etc. etc.
look at orange amps.. the tube ones, not the low end SS ones
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
Quote by LesZeppelin33
marshall mg?

No.

PS: Do you want a head or combo?
peavey classic 30/50 or an Vox AC15/30?
DOESN'T REALLY CARE ABOUT RON WILSON
Quote by TDS
peavey classic 30/50 or an Vox AC15/30?

agreed, though admittedly for 800$ he could do better, especially if he goes used. you can start taking a look at higher-end vox and orange
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20
I say a JCM 800 if you want heavier tones too. But whose tones are you trying to replicate anyways?
i looked at the JCM 800 isnt tht something like $2,000... ummm lets see mostly it would be led zeppelin, tool, which is a little heavier, nirvana... stuff like that
Zeppelin, tool, and nirvana are completely varying tones.

JCM800s are only 2000 new. Which is a ripoff. They go USED for around 1 grand (eBay, Craigslist) . I've seen many go for less.

Are you gigging?
They are pricey so i don't know how much you can get them for but take a look at an engl if you can find one. beautiful cleans and great "english" sounding distortion which is what your looking for i guess. a JCM800 will probably be exactly what your looking for. an AC30 is great but you need to crank the hell out of it before it starts to sing. and that is one loud amp.
if you want good plexi and JCM800 tones you can pick up a laney protube for around 450
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
A Traynor VCY40 or a used Orange Rockerverb would sound good, preferably with a fuzz pedal.
If you can find a used Mesa DC-3, that'll work well for all of the bands you've mentioned.
i would get an ananlogman sunface NKT and a silverface bassman 50.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Traynor YCV50 Blue.

Do it.
I'm Joel. I play guitar. I am a student. I look at the cost of tuition, not in a dollar value, but in the guitars I'm sacrificing now, to be able to buy later.
Quote by echo_4190
Traynor YCV50 Blue.

Do it.

+ 1 million

Regardless of the multitude of sins the term "classic rock tone" can refer to the Traynor should have all the bases covered.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
+ 1 million

Regardless of the multitude of sins the term "classic rock tone" can refer to the Traynor should have all the bases covered.

+ 2 million

Listen to the seagull.... he is a very knowledgable seagull
Quote by Highwaytohell
Zeppelin, tool, and nirvana are completely varying tones.

JCM800s are only 2000 new. Which is a ripoff. They go USED for around 1 grand (eBay, Craigslist) . I've seen many go for less.

Are you gigging?

no not quite yet but soon yes
Quote by chea_man
i would get an ananlogman sunface NKT and a silverface bassman 50.

i thought my suggestion was great.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Hot Rod Deluxe
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Squier Classic Vibe Tele
Fulltone Clyde Wah
Fulltone OCD
Fulltone Deja Vibe
Fuzz Factory
Carbon Copy