Page 1 of 2
http://www.dbzguitars.com/web/collection.html

I've gotta say, I'm impressed with what Dean Z came up with, considering ,he said we was trying not to rehash old Dean Designs
I want a Barchetta 550/Corsa.

This looks like the new PRS. And I'm sure once someone figures out how to get into the Darkside, there'll be godlike metal guitars as far as the eye can see.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
Quote by Wakisazhi
^The Darkside is a big disappointment.

You got in?

Could you PM me the pass code?
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
have a look real close an at the top of the gate theres a code there , it aint that hard to spot.
And on the topic of the dark side, holy-****ing-pointy
Ew. I just looked at the Darkside. The pickup toggle switch placement is horrid. I change pickups like a madman, and that's way too far a distance on all models.

Honestly, I'd rather get a Dean ML than a Darkside guitar.

And I'd rather get an original Limited to 100 Production DFH perfect replica guitars than anything.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

i gotta say, im not so fond of the darkside, its just to damn pointy, (the halcyon excepted).
I would love a Bolero or Mondial though.

Anyone else thinks its a shame Dean Z doesn't want to do any more ML's are Z's?
Quote by telemetal
i gotta say, im not so fond of the darkside, its just to damn pointy, (the halcyon excepted).
I would love a Bolero or Mondial though.

Anyone else thinks its a shame Dean Z doesn't want to do any more ML's are Z's?

Obviously. Dean was the best guitar manufacturer, but then the QC went to hell in the 2000s. Hell, the founder left the company because the guitars were so balls :p. A friend of mine has an '81 ML. My lord, it's the best guitar I've ever played in my life. The only thing that compares is maybe the USA Custom Shop Fender David Gilmour Stratocaster.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

I just checked out the Cavallo. The Infinity series Cavallo without the FR doesn't look like a bad guitar.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Quote by V.U.K
Obviously. Dean was the best guitar manufacturer, but then the QC went to hell in the 2000s. Hell, the founder left the company because the guitars were so balls :p. A friend of mine has an '81 ML. My lord, it's the best guitar I've ever played in my life. The only thing that compares is maybe the USA Custom Shop Fender David Gilmour Stratocaster.

yeah, i can't say i've played any of the older Dean's, but i've played a few more recent Razorbacks, and the odd ML, and they just felt...icky
I'm really glad to see Mr. Zelinsky back in the game with this. If you've ever played a vintage Dean guitar you would know why I love the company soo much. I might have to change my affiliation with modern companies since DBZ started (Can't wait to play one of their instruments ) but down in my heart there will always be a spot for an old, beat up headstock bearing 4 letters: Dean

I'm on dialup and still waiting for the Darkside to load. So far, they all look pretty sexy. Not crazy about the Spanish names everything has, but so far I like. The Crucifixion looks pretty badass to say the least lol

Ever since I first played one, I've always been a huge ML fan..... but the DBZ Bird of Prey is kinda gay. The top horn needs to be bigger. The Venom is pretty cool though, it's the best looking non-standard V I've seen in awhile
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Last edited by Flux'D at Jan 8, 2009,
Those darkside guitars were pretty cheesy. But I love the Cavallo and Borelo.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
Ugh, I hate the Darkside guitars. Ugly as hell. I also don't like all the beveling on nearly all the bodies.

All I want is an ML that's as good (and sexy looking) as they used to be. Preferably with 24 frets, and an ebony fretboard, and not dot inlays. But honestly, I'd be happy with one that just wasn't a cheap piece of imported crap (or overpriced Time Capsule).

The closest to that is the Matt Heafy sig, which is really sad.
Last edited by Delanoir at Jan 9, 2009,
Quote by Delanoir
All I want is an ML that's as good (and sexy looking) as they used to be.

Me too.... I really hope Mr. Zelinsky can pull out his ML design. I'm not really sure what he could do to it to avoid copyright issues (I dunno if he owns the design anymore or not...)
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

Quote by Flux'D
Me too.... I really hope Mr. Zelinsky can pull out his ML design. I'm not really sure what he could do to it to avoid copyright issues (I dunno if he owns the design anymore or not...)

Well, his singlecut is pretty much exactly the Soltero. But then, the Soltero is just another Les Paul copy, essentially.

I wonder if "Dean" would really even have the balls to sue Zelinsky over his own original design.
^^^
Wouldn't surprise me if they tried to sue him.
I dunno if we'll get any ML's though, the people on the DBZ forums want them, along with all the vintage Dean shapes, but Dean Z has sort of alluded to the fact he wants to distance himself from that
wheres the passcode??
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.
i like dean ML's, Z's, V's and hardtails... i hate all of these except maybe the mondial and thats just cause it looks like a hardtail even tho i think the headstock f's it up and passcode is juts above the gate
Keep On Keepen' On
I'm looking forward to seeing them "in the flesh"... or was that on the "darkside"! :-R
rikigo

"I would hurl words into this darkness and wait for an echo..."
- Richard Wright (1908 - 1960)
Hi UG'ers,

Feast your eyes on these DBZ models displayed at NAMM 2009!:
http://www.dbzguitars.com/web/dbzguitars-namm-2009.html

They are even contoured in three dimensions, as well as inlaid with detailed art-work... how that translates into a guitar's performance and tone, as well as price (if we ever get our hands on them in Oz?) ...is yet to be seen! But they do 'look unique'!

Regards,
:-R
rikigo

"I would hurl words into this darkness and wait for an echo..."
- Richard Wright (1908 - 1960)
I have a pair of Deans from just a few years ago- an EVO Special Select and a Time Capsule Cadillac- and have had no issues with them. Simply a pleasure to play.

However, I'm not a big fan of the pointy guitars that currently dominate their production line. So thanks for this link- I had forgotten Dean Z was going out and starting up a new line.

I'm thinking one of the Imperials would be for me.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by jimithrash
i thought this thread was about dragon ball z guitars

I'MA HIJACK THIS THREAD
Quote by telemetal
^^^
Wouldn't surprise me if they tried to sue him.
I dunno if we'll get any ML's though, the people on the DBZ forums want them, along with all the vintage Dean shapes, but Dean Z has sort of alluded to the fact he wants to distance himself from that

Me neither. They probably will if he puts out anything similar. If Fantasy sued Fogerty for sounding too much like himself, I think Dean will probably sue Mr. Zelinsky for using his own designs. Sadly some people see logic there.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by mmolteratx
Me neither. They probably will if he puts out anything similar. If Fantasy sued Fogerty for sounding too much like himself, I think Dean will probably sue Mr. Zelinsky for using his own designs. Sadly some people see logic there.

Some of those people are lawyers like myself.

I can't say I'd agree with the ethics of such a move, but if he attributed those designs to "Dean Corp." and sold them on his way out of the company, they belong to Dean, not to him.

OTOH, the courts are less likely these days to enforce lawsuits based on guitar designs than in the early days of Fender or Gibson.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

They're pretty nice, look real sleek. Sadly my fave Dean shape is the Cadillac and they're not gonna be doing that
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Misleading thread title is misleading.

Anyway, I'll be honest and say I haven't played a Dean before because nowhere I know deals them, but I've heard good and bad about them. I must say I hate the oversized V headstock on a number of their guitars, but really eg. Dave Mustaine's Signature V. That guitar is wicked cool.
This caught my eyes... ohhhhhhh

Btw, If I get seven of these they will grant me a wish, rite?
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

website isnt working
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Quote by ChemicalFire
They're pretty nice, look real sleek. Sadly my fave Dean shape is the Cadillac and they're not gonna be doing that

I'm with you there, bro!

However, the future is undiscovered country- for all we know, Dean Z may be working on a Cadillac variant for his new company.

Hmmmm...a hollowbody version, perhaps?

Quote by TatarSalad2
Where's the Explorers?

No Comment
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Some of those people are lawyers like myself.

I can't say I'd agree with the ethics of such a move, but if he attributed those designs to "Dean Corp." and sold them on his way out of the company, they belong to Dean, not to him.

OTOH, the courts are less likely these days to enforce lawsuits based on guitar designs than in the early days of Fender or Gibson.

What I said came out wrong, I was trying to say that to some people it sounds like Dean wouldn't be the "bad guys" there. I agree it's totally within their rights if he sold the designs, but it's a total dick move on Dean's part.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Page 1 of 2