I'm takin' my bass on a cross-country trip to California in February. Only problem is I pnly have a coffin case econo gig bag. How will I accomplish this feat without buying a new case? Can I bring it as carry-on?
THX for the help!

srry if this isnt the right thread...
Quote by Insanitydenied
I try to be the quiet musician type, but there's too much to say.

OF THE BASS MILITIA - PM Nutter_101 to join

FUCK PARAMORE.

HOT LESBIANS

Centered, Bitch.

Yes, I'm only 14. So?
I once brought a guitar onto a plane in a gig bag held together with safety pins, and it was carry-on. Don't worry, it'll fit in the overhead, but just in case check with the airline.
Quote by ravioli123
James, a type of sandwich:

A sandwich that consists of ham, turkey, roast beef, shredded cheese, nacho cheese doritos, and ranch on a toasted bun.
"Hey man lets go get a couple James's for lunch"
When I went to Honduras (e-cookie if anyone knows where that is) my cousin gave me a guitar, I was able to bring it back, but it sucked carrying it every-fucking-where
Pleeeease, take it as a carry on.
I can't bear the thought of someone snatching my bass on the baggage claim.....

MC name = Bearrorism
bump
Quote by Insanitydenied
I try to be the quiet musician type, but there's too much to say.

OF THE BASS MILITIA - PM Nutter_101 to join

FUCK PARAMORE.

HOT LESBIANS

Centered, Bitch.

Yes, I'm only 14. So?
it depends on the airline. i took my prs home and back again carryon on southwest. try calling the airline and asking if you can carry on. i wouldnt check it.
I have no opinion on this matter.
Really depends on who you're flying with. I fly to Mexico with Alaska each summer and they've always let me carry my acoustic on in a hard case at that. Don't know about a bass though it takes up a bit more space. Also, if you call them don't rely on what the people on the phone tell you, the guys at the gate ultimately have the final say.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.