I can do just about anything else on guitar but making an air harmonic (referred to as A.H. on guitar pro) just eludes me . Can anyone solve this mystery? I would really appreciate it.
thats artificial harmonic, not air harmonic. its either referring to a pinch or tap harmonic, not really sure which since i dont use guitar pro. if you advise the song and at what point it is in the song i can let you know which harmonic it is .
Welcome home by coheed and cambria. When the distortion kicks in there's a harmonic on the G string at the 7th fret.
thats a pinch harmonic. check youtube for vid lessons
unfortunately most people dont get it right off the bat. i spent a LONG time trying to get it perfect (this was before the days of internet learning and such, mine was trial and error)
Last edited by z4twenny at Jan 8, 2009,
Quote by z4twenny
thats a pinch harmonic. check youtube for vid lessons
unfortunately most people dont get it right off the bat. i spent a LONG time trying to get it perfect (this was before the days of internet learning and such, mine was trial and error)

Excuse me for my ignorance but aren't Pinch and Artificial Harmonics basically the same thing?
Ibanez STM1
Ibanez Iceman
Digitech Artist Series Dan Donegan 'The Weapon'
Boss DS-1 Distortion Pedal
Line 6 Spider 3 30 Watt Modeling Amp
^ What he said. Once you get that down, after a while you'll be able to do it anywhere and any time you want.
Admittedly, that picture made me laugh.

I've never been able to consistently get artificial harmonics to work for me, but I have slowly begun to get better. If you can get the pick and the flesh of your finger thing down things get a lot easier from there.

It's never been my strong point though...