The greatest progressive heavy metal band of all time... and they don't even have a thread! Some of you may remember back way back in 2006 when I had a Rush avatar, well the fire has not died out.

Top four:

Fly By Night
Hemispheres
Moving Pictures

in no order.
Yes, they're great but they don't belong in this forum. Classic Rock forum instead.
Quote by Beakwithteeth
What a coincidence one time I ****ed your cousin in the eye.
I love Rush, but there's a thread on them in the Prog fourm.

Edit: He was right, they are in the Classic Rock fourm for some reason.
Last edited by Psychopathology at Jan 8, 2009,
Moving Pictures, 2112, Hemispheres - all great in my book. But yes, their thread is in the classic rock forum unfortunately.
I've found Jesus
Are prog.rock, not prog.metal.....

But I looove rush. Best thing to come out of my country. All of them are virtuosos at their type of music, and they pretty much got me interested in progressive music. S&A took me a while to appreciate, though. I consider The Main Monkey Business one of their best tracks now.
Quote by piratemetalhead
Are prog.rock, not prog.metal.....

But I looove rush. Best thing to come out of my country. All of them are virtuosos at their type of music, and they pretty much got me interested in progressive music. S&A took me a while to appreciate, though. I consider The Main Monkey Business one of their best tracks now.

They've always felt like metal to me. In the same way Deep Purple feel like metal.
Judging by my username, and the fact I have bought every studio album, and every live album they've put out (except Show of Hands for some reason) should indicate I'm kind of a fan...
listen to Stormbringer and tell me Deep Purple are not metal....I dare you.

I really like Freewill. I mean really like Rush.

Besides the fact that most popular songs by them are in E major, Geddy and Alex always seem to conjure the most uplifting music one can imagine. I <3 Rush.
HESSIAN HAREM
FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF THE HESSIAN CULTURE. STAY TRUE.
Rush deserves a place in the Metal forum, rules be damned.

Can never give these guys enough praise.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
Quote by VampireGoldfish
Rush deserves a place in the Metal forum, rules be damned.

Can never give these guys enough praise.

Truer words have never been spoken before.

I saw them on their Snakes & Arrows tour, and man, they were amazing. I cried when they played "A Passage to Bangkok" it was so great.
I haven't seen them yet. They sold out and I had no munnies....

EDIT: my mom has seen them twice though...
HESSIAN HAREM
FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF THE HESSIAN CULTURE. STAY TRUE.
Quote by TheMantipede

I saw them on their Snakes & Arrows tour, and man, they were amazing. I cried when they played "A Passage to Bangkok" it was so great.

Alex is genius on PtB.
Ugh, I remember being so hyped up to see them last year, and finding out that we read the date wrong and that the concert was started around a week later. By that time, no tickets.
Quote by TheMantipede

When I saw them in Toronto last year and they played YYZ in the encore I almost shit myself with excitement.