Page 1 of 2
Huh.

Didn't hear anything about it and I live in California.

Closer to San Diego,
but still

EDIT: Holy ****!

Just watched the video!

That was pretty ****ed up.

I wonder what the officer found that made him shoot him?
Really, I don't think anything could have justified that shooting.
Blindfolds aside I'd probably still close my eyes

And try to feel a trembling fetal life inside
that shotgun barrel that's about to make me bleed

Like an ulcer in the stomach of the beast

Quote by Aurex
your sarcasam amuses me

CSUSM
Last edited by sneyob at Jan 8, 2009,
"April 26th 1992, there was a riot on the streets tell me where were you..."
I want to work in revelations, not just spin silly tales for money.I want to fish as deep down as possible into my own subconscious in the belief that once that far down, everyone will understand because they are the same that far down.
I'm in SD, and I haven't heard about it.
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
yeah i just found out about it yesterday. and i've been in the bay area for almost 2 1/2 weeks now.
Go Veg.
oh yea, heard about this. Didn't know it was in Oakland.
Really messed up.
He didn't looked handcuffed though, the guy to the right of him had his hands up only.
A man said to the universe:
"Sir, I exist!"
"However," replied the universe,
"The fact has not created in me
A sense of obligation."

STOP MODERN DAY SLAVERY
Last edited by ezlntrooper at Jan 8, 2009,
$100 says that the cop was white and the victim was black.
kill all humans
Last edited by alaskan_ninja at Jan 8, 2009,
Quote by tremeloud

It's funny he sang the wrong date, it was April 28th, my friend was born that day =P
I'm. Fucking. Mad.

I watched the video and its got me all riled up now. I'm sure that if i was in the area, I would definitely be one of those people who go crazy irrational with their emotions and starts chucking molotovs.
I want to work in revelations, not just spin silly tales for money.I want to fish as deep down as possible into my own subconscious in the belief that once that far down, everyone will understand because they are the same that far down.
I was just thinking the other day, "there was riots when Alexandros Grigoropoulos was murdered, why not Oscar Grant?"

I am in solidarity with the demonstrators.

ACAB
I haven't heard of this till now...
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
I live in California, I never heard anything about it.

What are they rioting about?
VERY METAL!
\m/
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Quote by metaldud536
RazorTheAwesome, if I was a Ditto, I'd transform into YOU

Quote by Kensai
Basically god wanted to punish people for getting educated/eating apples.

Quote by Jackal58
We all desire a little pussy.
Quote by tremeloud

You were sitting home watching your T.V., while I was participating in some anarchy..
Her friends are gazing on her,
And on her gaudy bier,
And weep!-oh! to dishonor
Dead beauty with a tear!
They loved her for her wealth-
And they hated her for her pride-
But she grew in feeble health,
And they love her-that she died.
Quote by Flann
It's funny he sang the wrong date, it was April 28th, my friend was born that day =P

I thought it was the 29th? Anyways ya I had a little dilemma on whether I should put the lyric or the actual date
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
I live in California, I never heard anything about it.

What are they rioting about?

Hyperlink.
wasn't the LAPD.
they keep mentioning BART, what's that? Their transit system officers? Hm, they mention their headquarters, but don't say much else.
"Sir, I exist!"
A sense of obligation."

STOP MODERN DAY SLAVERY
Quote by ezlntrooper
wasn't the LAPD.
they keep mentioning BART, what's that? Their transit system officers? Hm, they mention their headquarters, but don't say much else.

Yes. Bay Area Rapid Transit. Correct.
It's been on the news everyday around here, because it happened about 45 minutes away.
BART is a train system, they're talking about the BART security.
Heard about a little bit ago...Pisses me off...But not quite as much as what Israel is doing now...They are doing that to over a hundred people.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
yeah i saw this too. i was about to take bart home from oakland that day too but decided go with friends. its incredibly screwed up.

not anything against cops or anything, but some of them get so consumed by their authority that they assume a position "above the law". its happened to my brother when he was assaulted by a cop and had to go to trial (he was standing in line for a bathroom and was "trespassing" because he was at a private location--his friend's house--and the officer beat him and completely screwed up his shoulder and back and my brother had to go to court for it), ive been put on hold for 15 minutes during a 911 call...it goes on and on.

i mean, i know cops have a hard job and all--and how nights like new years are probably extremely frustrating--but it's also their job to stay calm and composed, not lash out at some dude because he's being noisy like any other drunk guy is in the company of friends...
███████████████
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams.
████████████
Quote by tremeloud
I thought it was the 29th? Anyways ya I had a little dilemma on whether I should put the lyric or the actual date

Ah shoot, you are right sir.
Ah, thanks Kwonnie & DTL623.
Hopefully the officer decides to actually say something regarding the incident rather than just resigning.
"Sir, I exist!"
A sense of obligation."

STOP MODERN DAY SLAVERY
Quote by ezlntrooper
Ah, thanks Kwonnie & DTL623.
Hopefully the officer decides to actually say something regarding the incident rather than just resigning.

He's resigned and he's going to make a lawyer-advised statement apparently.
Quote by Kwonnie
He's resigned and he's going to make a lawyer-advised statement apparently.

"I am a COMPLETE dick"

Hopefully something along those lines.
Quote by Canodros
Man... **** the police

They're pretty god-awful here in Chicago with us, too. Biggest issue lately's been police are having teenagers pull down their pants in public lest they suffer a beating.
Quote by alaskan_ninja
$100 says that the cop was white and the victim was black.

It looked like two white guys from the video, but I could be wrong. Either way, great way to bring race into a conflict without providing any rational basis. :\

EDIT: Having done a little more looking, yeah, you may be right. But it's a silly thing to bring up at this point regardless.
Last edited by Flying Couch at Jan 9, 2009,
should burn down the police station.
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
Quote by Flying Couch
It looked like two white guys from the video, but I could be wrong. Either way, great way to bring race into a conflict without providing any rational basis. :\

EDIT: Having done a little more looking, yeah, you may be right. But it's a silly thing to bring up at this point regardless.

Well it's true anyhow it seems.
i heard a bit about it on the news today im only about 15 minutes away from oakland myself

to the guy with the other clicky damn that was interesting
"Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo."
I was watching the protest from my house. They were past us before things got out of hand, but you could definitely hear them. And then, the next day, it wasw like a war zone. It looked almost fake from a movie. IT was just so perfectly chaotic.
Kind of nominated for Best Retired User.

Skepto > Oxygen
Quote by jmonko
We talked about it in my Econ class. Why we talked about it in Econ I dont know.

Is your teacher's name Roth-rossi?
Kind of nominated for Best Retired User.

Skepto > Oxygen
Page 1 of 2