hey, I just defretted my old bass. The sanding and everything is all done, so all thats left to do is finish it and maybe get a new nut. Everywhere I look, people say go over the fretboard with polyurethane. Is there anything I should know about the finishing process or are there any brands that work especially well?
Quote by Tostitos
hey, I just defretted my old bass. The sanding and everything is all done, so all thats left to do is finish it and maybe get a new nut. Everywhere I look, people say go over the fretboard with polyurethane. Is there anything I should know about the finishing process or are there any brands that work especially well?

Finish it with thin layers at a time, give it a fine sanding down, maybe raise the action if your getting buzz and flatwounds will make it sound nicer.

You sound like you know what you're doing, but you never mentioned filling the fret spaces..you have done this, correct? lol.
yup, ive already filled the frets. It would have been nice if I'd used veneer, but wood filler fit my budget better. I'm thinking about doing a poly based paint job over the fretboard before finishing it. I've got an idea of what im doing, but painting and finishing have never been my thing
Using a veneer wouldn't be a good idea for the fretboard as it may start to peel unless it was thoroughly glued and sanded around.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do