okay ive always heard good (or decent at the least) about this pedal. so i picked it up, messed around with it for an hour on my amp and in honesty, it plain out sucks. i really cant hear much difference! i tried doing extreme settings to hear a difference in tone and really nothing other then a big booming terrible sound. i'd really like to hear what this eq has to offer, maybe i got a dud? i tried using it has a boost too and theres no volume difference at all.. i plugged in everything right? can some1 tell me how to set this thing up good? any good settings? i tried looking already.....
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
schecter Damian 6 string
Jackson Dinky Dk2
Peavey 6505+
B-52 At212
It takes some learning and close listening. It's easier to hear at higher volumes.
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
You clearly don't know what an EQ does if you want it to "boost for a volume difference". It boosts certain frequencies, not the overall loudness of the amp. You plug it in the same way as anything else - guitar->EQ->amp in. Time to get a hearing test, pal.
uh i didnt say i wanted it for a volume boost
when i do turn up the "volume" knob though on the actual pedal i cant hear a volume difference either.

cheers for thinking im a retard though
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
schecter Damian 6 string
Jackson Dinky Dk2
Peavey 6505+
B-52 At212
could be a problem with the energy supply.
is it plugged in? Are new batteries in it? (Dunno if MXR's can use batteries or not)
its plugged in. but everytime i hit an open on guitar the volume and gain knobs flash. i dont know what that means to tell you the truth haha
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
schecter Damian 6 string
Jackson Dinky Dk2
Peavey 6505+
B-52 At212
It's an overload of the pedal. read the manual.

turn the volume/gain sliders down.
Quote by krazydrummer

cheers for thinking im a retard though

roffles.

I mean waffles.
Boy do I love waffles.

Anyway, are you planning to use it all the time or just for say, a solo boost?

I( don't have one, but are you using it in the fx loop or is it being run in front of the amp?
Try running it in the FX loop.

Most effects like that have an entirely different aspect to them when used that way.
My main rig:
Schecter C-1 Classic
B.C. Rich Mockingbird NJ Neck-thru
LTD M-300
Peavey 5150 II
Randall RS412XL

Greatest thread ever.
Quote by Matt Chavie
It's an overload of the pedal. read the manual.

turn the volume/gain sliders down.

This man is right.
And TS - I only said what I said because your initial post's attitude was quite ridiculous (a pedal does not "plain out suck" if you cannot use it properly). Cheers for being a good sport though.
Quote by Dr.Pain-MD
This man is right.
And TS - I only said what I said because your initial post's attitude was quite ridiculous (a pedal does not "plain out suck" if you cannot use it properly). Cheers for being a good sport though.

opps i went about writing my message wrong, i went i couldnt get anything good out of out. well i should try it with the peavey 6505+ tomorrow at normal volume, not just bedroom volume.(maybe cause some freq. are harder to actually tell at low volume?) i made it so the knobs dont blink, mine didnt come with manual,oh well. thanks for the help all.. i still have hope for the pedal
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
schecter Damian 6 string
Jackson Dinky Dk2
Peavey 6505+
B-52 At212
It's a great pedal for tonal control - the guitarist in my band has the kerry king version and it works amazingly well. Good luck.
Sorry to thread jack, but while we're on the subject of EQs, particularly the MXR 10-band, is there a difference between the regular 10-band and the Kerry King 10-band other than the KK has two outputs while the regular only has one?
It's pretty much the same thing except for the stereo outputs, but IMO it's not worth it because if you want a good stereo rig you should probably use a rack EQ.
I don't entirely agree with that rack statement.

Because rack eq's ****ing over do it, who actually needs 36 sliders?
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
I wouldn't mind the option of 36 sliders. More options TBH. What I was reffering to was not to the number of bands, but the stereo part of the pedal. Rack gear is usually full stereo (in/out) whereas the KK EQ is mono in/stereo out. In the end of the day it's up to you.
I have the pedal and a 6505+.

It does wonders for my tone. EQ pedals can take awhile to figure out (assuming this is your first one). The best thing to do IMO is to only adjust the levels slightly from 0. A small adjustment can make a big difference.

I guess it depends what you're trying to do. If you're looking to tighten things up, an OD pedal might suit you better. I just use the 10 band to fine tune things.