hey I don't know if many of you would know how to dance salsa or merengue, but I have a few questions for the few of you who might.

Are they difficult to learn? I don't know how to dance anything else besides typical grinding and stuff

also how long do you think it would take before I can actually go to a club and dance and not look like a total noob?
The Real Deal Holyfield
1. Nom difficuolt to master though
2 a week with a good etacher
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
Quote by burrit0
ask a girl to teach you

well im going to take lessons so its not really how to learn. I just wanted to see how hard it was going to be to learn. plus the girls I know don't know how to dance either so thats not really an option.
The Real Deal Holyfield
I took Salsa and other style lessons about a month ago. I did the beginner course and it took 3 months to get the basic foot steps.
If u do only one style, I don't think it'll take more than 1 month to learn all the basic foot work and some variations.
It's enough to dance in a club if you know how to communicate with your partner.
Last edited by YA89 at Jan 9, 2009,
Quote by YA89
I took Salsa and other style lessons about a month ago. I did the beginner course and it took 3 months to get the basic foot steps.
If u do only one style, I don't think it'll take more than 1 month to learn all the basic foot work and some variations.
It's enough to dance in a club if you know how to communicate with your partner.

thats good to know, thanks for the info man. btw how often are the classes? I'm guessing two to three times a week?
The Real Deal Holyfield
I was expecting a thread about pie and nachos.
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!
Sorry for giving the heights without a scale. lol.
2 hours per week.(Single day) 1 hour warm-up and new lessons, and 1 hour to dance and corrections.

I did slasa, cha cha, Jive and waltz. Took 3 months to cover all the basic steps and to do some variations.

We did 8 variations in Salsa.

Too bad, I can't go to the next class(it's named "bronze class") 'cos I'm moving to the states.
Last edited by YA89 at Jan 9, 2009,
ah I see thats not bad at all. I was kinda worried about not having enough time due to school and work, but I don't think it will be a problem. Thanks again for the help!
The Real Deal Holyfield