Can the pitch shifter change my tuning?example. i play in standard E, can it take me to Eb tuning?
The Digitech Whammy can drop your tuning pitch either a half step or a full step but it doesn't sound that natural.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
^And only a half step if you screw around for a few minutes getting the pedal in the right place.
And it sounds very crappy. Its not worth it when you can just tune it manually.
As far as I understand, pitch shifters are normally for single notes, not entire songs, chords, etc. Maybe a cheap 2nd guitar is another option?
Quote by MetalMan-93
i am thinking to buy the zoom g9.2tt,it has pitch shifter

I wouldnt bother. It sounds really bad. Just tune down manually
Quote by Dr.Pain-MD
Yes, but that is no ordinary guitar pedal. I can do the same thing with my computer, but DSP like that is nothing like a Zoom multi-fx.

You are correct that the Axe-FX is NOTHING like a Zoom Multi-fx, and it definitely isn't an ordinary guitar pedal.....

Not sure what your point is... Perhaps a revisit to the original post, I responded to will put my response in perspective for you?

Quote by MetalMan-93
Can the pitch shifter change my tuning?example. i play in standard E, can it take me to Eb tuning?

I would say the answer to the TS is, Yes-- as is evidenced by the video demo of the Axe-FX doing exactly what he inquired about.

The fact that your computer can do this is great!!!

Do you have a demo of doing this with your computer to share w/ the TS?
Last edited by zachman5150 at Jan 9, 2009,
Quote by zachman5150

Not sure what your point is... Perhaps a revisit to the original post, I responded to will put my response in perspective for you?

Perhaps I was reffering to the fact that TS said that he is getting a Zoom multi-fx unit, which I am guessing is not up to par with the device in the video that you posted. Thus, I am guessing that no, he will not be able to achieve the same thing.
Quote by Dr.Pain-MD
Perhaps I was reffering to the fact that TS said that he is getting a Zoom multi-fx unit, which I am guessing is not up to par with the device in the video that you posted. Thus, I am guessing that no, he will not be able to achieve the same thing.

Ya I missed that here in post one: Oh wait, No I didn't. It isn't there.

Quote by MetalMan-93

Sorry about that, it didn't appear until post 6
Last edited by zachman5150 at Jan 9, 2009,
With the TC Electronic G-Major, I can go a half step either way without any noticeable degradation, at a whole step it's noticeable but not bad, at a step and a half it's obvious.

I was completely and utterly unimpressed with the g9.2tt. I can't recommend it.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM