Can I Play a Backing Track that Includes Bass Through my Guitar Amp?

I have an upcoming audition for University of California Santa Barbara, and I always use backing tracks when I'm playing. But I don't want to bring a whole amplification set up to the audition, so would it damage my amp if I played a backing track through it that had bass and drums in it? Also, for those of you who have auditioned for college before, does everyone who auditions for guitar play acoustic? Thanks

-Matt
It is ok to play all that through your amp. You just might not get all of the lows that you want out of the speaker. You also dont have to play acoustic to audition.
Yeah, you're fine. Don't worry about it. The compressed and mastered bass signal is WAY different from the one that comes out of the instrument and into the amp, so you're good.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by Sid McCall
Yeah, you're fine. Don't worry about it. The compressed and mastered bass signal is WAY different from the one that comes out of the instrument and into the amp, so you're good.

Yep, this.
It may not sound very good as your guitar amp frequency range is quite limited. Especially for vocals, cymballs, kick and bass. But no it won't hurt anything. Preferably a portable PA for your backing would be better as its full range amp/speaker.