You guys all know that feeling of sitting next to a girl and things are all awkward and you cant think of anything to say .....

How the **** do you get past this stage and have people feel comfortable talking to you and your comfortable talking to them. Basically i want the people i talk to show me the real them and not just act nice or nervous?

Thanks to any helpful responses
Quote by Mackawade
i was wondering what is some of the stuff you guys would consider better than WOW

Quote by last-1s-out
Getting kicked in the balls repeatedly

Primus Sucks
"So...wanna fuck?"
Quote by Beakwithteeth
What a coincidence one time I ****ed your cousin in the eye.
Last edited by ewp805 at Jan 9, 2009,
I don't know, but don't force it. Believe me, it's much better to say nothing at all than to say something she'll hold against you/hate you for.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
Talk to more people. Just go out and say one thing to a stranger like 'nice day out, huh?' and get comfortable doing that. Maybe go out and make small talk with 5 strangers in one day. Go to the mall or something. As you get more comfortable talking to strangers, the girls will be a lot less threatening and easier for you to talk to.

Actually, I reread your post and what I just said makes it easier to start a conversation, not hold one. Always ask girls about themselves, and don't talk about yourself too much. I am SO bad at doing that, but it really works wonders when you can pull it off. It also doesn't hurt to make an excuse to get away and do something else, but always make sure your excuse makes you look cool/popular like 'I have friends waiting for me outside, gotta run' etc.

And yes, I'm taking most of this from The Game/Rules of The Game. Sue me, that shit works.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Last edited by Sid McCall at Jan 9, 2009,
When in doubt, whip it out
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
Talk about things you both have an interest in. Works for me. But if the topic of video games comes up I've been known to drone on
Im the same way, I constantly have to remind myself that im talking to people, not aliens so why should it be awkward of anything.
just keep putting yourself in situations where you have to be more social, It will suck at first if your not good in those situations but the more you do it, the easier it will get.
" Did You know, in Tibet, if they want something, do you know what they do? They give something away."

"Do they ? That must be why they're such a dominant global power."
Watch how Letterman and Leno ( i dunno if he is still on tv) and conan, or other late night guys. They make a living making conversations and being funny. I'm serious, this was written in various PUA literature...Take notes on what you observe them do. A good trick they do is "spin off" on what the person just said...a simple example is
"I just got a new dog, it's frustrating me"

ANS: "Oh really, how is it frustrating you?"
"What does it do?"
"When did you get it?"
"Where did you get it?"

The trick is to use the "Who what when where why how" scheme which every kid is taught in high school in english class. Don't just ask questions though, add in your own stories if necessary:
"I had a dog once...."
Quote by FrenchyFungus
Hey y'all!!! Me and my friend were over at her house. I we were wonder what guys think when they see a hot girl at the mall or whatever walk by. (We're both pretty as y'all would say "blonde" sometimes).

Quote by rabidguitarist
I just look like some homo.
Last edited by yoshixxx7 at Jan 9, 2009,
Do drugs. Stuff like Valiums will help, but better ones are like Hydrocodone, Xanax. Then you'll be chill. Then ask the bitch about her hair, if it's her natural color, then tell her it looks really nice no matter what she answers. Ask about her shoes or bag or whatever dumb sh!t she has on. Ask about her hobbies or where she wants to go to college. If you talk about these things, she will go on forever and think you are great.
damn..im glad im not shy..i dont even know how to tell someone to be more outgoing or open..just dont force conversation..that makes things more weird..if words come out then roll with it..dont think too hard.
Quote by DroppedOnHead
Do drugs. Stuff like Valiums will help, but better ones are like Hydrocodone, Xanax. Then you'll be chill. Then ask the bitch about her hair, if it's her natural color, then tell her it looks really nice no matter what she answers. Ask about her shoes or bag or whatever dumb sh!t she has on. Ask about her hobbies or where she wants to go to college. If you talk about these things, she will go on forever and think you are great.

Do not do this.
Quote by DroppedOnHead

this is what you should do if all else fails..then offer her a few pills too.
I live in the awkward stage, mate. I've always found that the best way to make pleasant conversation with a stranger or a casual acquaintance is to show an interest in them. Ask questions about their interests and affairs. When you find some common ground, the conversation will start "going somewhere" and it will probably feel more natural to you. Yoshixxx7's Letterman approach sounds very promising.
No animals were harmed in order to bring you the above post. However, several photons were greatly inconvenienced.

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNO-TOAD
Dude your so far gone I dont know what to tell you. I guess you could turn to drugs that will probably show you another side of life you could benefit from.
Well I don't know about you but I work. I have to deal with people all day, difficult and stupid ones at that. Try just talking more and speaking your mind, open up to people.
Last edited by GoToSleep at Jan 9, 2009,
You're worried about talking to girls, eh?

*Gets out pipe and leans back in easy chair.*

Well, son, you know that thing you do when you're talking to friends of the same sex? Do that, but with less penis jokes.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Neopowell, that's because you are a pumped-up sex offender.
Quote by Kensai
You're exactly the kind of person who'd have sex in a bar drunk
Quote by Zero-Hartman
You're a terrible, terrible man. This is a new middle for you.

I write things. You can read them.Essay on UK student riots
Spend more time being social around those you feel comfortable with, and less time on UG.
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
drink.

its courage in a bottle.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Quote by NoLaurelTree000
drink.

its courage in a bottle.

qft

yea drinking (responsibly) makes you much more sociable. I tend to speak first, think later when i drink which is much better than what i normally do. (think about what to say for 80 min thus creating that akward moment)
Quote by dnamra13
when i'am in that situation i always use the list thing (reference to henry rollins). it is really stupid. but it is better then being quiet all the time at least you know what the girl likes to a certain extend. the result is however never to good, i think it is the reason i'am still a virgin.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9S5-EB8dR8

holy crap, since when is Rollins a stand-up comedian?? A pretty bad one at that I reckon...
when i am not in such a social situation, especially for quite a while, then i start to think that i am not sociable and boring etc. but then when i get back into those situations, i forget the worries i had and i try to go with the flow - the awkwardness i still have, though, is when it comes to talking to girls i find attractive.

i guess things will change naturally over time.
Quote by mh.666
This man is right.

My life in all aspects is going fucking brilliantly, so I just thought I'd offer a cyncial scrap of wisdom, gloat a little, and then leave.
Stick it in her pooper.
sincewhen??

Quote by Mannypedraza
Today, me and my gf went to the movies. During, i put my hand down her shorts.
I keep smelling my hand as of now....anything wrong with me?
teh pronz