Hey guys, kinda new here and need to ask a question. (sorry if it's already been asked) On my Epiphone Les Paul, would it help to buy a Gibson Tune-O-Matic Bridge system? Why would it help, and in which ways? Or why wouldn't it?

And if anyone else has any suggestions on Epiphone mods, please tell me some of your suggestions.

BTW I already put EMG 81/85 in it to rule out the obvious pickup mod.

Thanks and God Bless!

Philip Hart
if you have changed the pick ups you are good to go.

the hardware on the epi les pauls is good. it may be worth upgrading the nut but the bridge/tail piece and tuners dont need swapping at all.

dunc
Thank you please.
Quote by deadlydunc
if you have changed the pick ups you are good to go.

the hardware on the epi les pauls is good. it may be worth upgrading the nut but the bridge/tail piece and tuners dont need swapping at all.

dunc

+1

Epi use good hardware, I've never had any problems with mine, I suppose a tune-o-matic bridge is pretty idiot proof, there's not much you can do to make it better or worse
Quote by Waylanderau
+1

Epi use good hardware, I've never had any problems with mine, I suppose a tune-o-matic bridge is pretty idiot proof, there's not much you can do to make it better or worse

Saddles are an important part to play too
Other than that, a Bone nut would be a wonderful addition.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
You wouldnt notice any difference with a gibson TOM. The pots in epis are not very good a good thing to replace along with pickups.
A new Nut and saddles for your existing TOM might help, but there's no reason in swapping out the entire system unless you want a change in hardware colour, etc.
------

Shwiggity.