Hey guys, so after my previous thread https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1041423 I've decided to build a guitar rather than buying a whole one. This is what I've chosen so far, let me know if I should change/add anything.

The Body is non finished/Painted and the neck is non finished. Im not sure if I should get these finished or not, help me decided.

I have a set of fender tuning heads already so we can skip that item on the list. I also dont need knobs, strap holder, back plate or neck plate.

I dont think im going to need a set of screws for everything because I think the floyd comes with its screws and ill just take the pickup/pickguard screws from one of my cheap guitars.

I have a set of DiMarzio Humbuckers that we're on my dads old telecaster. Theyre over 20 years old and theyre most likely distortion buckers because my dad liked to play hard rock/heavy metal. (I emailed DiMarzio to find out what model they are, i should get a response within a few days)

I've decided not to get a single coil middle pickup i figure the dual dimarzio buckers will work just fine for playing stuff like thrash metal.

Do I need capacitors for the pots? If so what are they for and how do I apply them?

Is this particular body I picked out good enough (Ex Light Swamp-Ash)? I didnt want to select an expensive one, I wanted Mahogany but the only Mahogany one Warmoth has ATM is one pre-made or P90 pickups, or an expensive Pre-Painted one.

Will the Floyd fit with the pickguard I picked out or do I need a custom cut one?

The Neck is a Wizard neck with 22- 6150 jumbo frets. The body has a Heel Contour.

Please give me your Feedback and let me know if I should change or add anything or if I've left anything out.
I'd get the neck and body finished. You are not going to be able to duplicate the quality of a finish that they could apply, and it would suck to spend all that money and have a ****ty finish.
^ i wouldn't say that you couldn't get a nice finish hands down man, thats a bit of a heavy presumption on your part, i would however say that it depends on whether you can/want to spend the extra money on warmoth to finish it, or if you have enough confidence to finish it yourself. what kind of finish do you want? that'll make it a lot easier to help out if we have as much information as possible. do you know anyone with finishing experience? (car painters know everything you'd need to know to get a good finish on a body)
If you want your guitar to look professional get a finish done professionally. Generally there are many flaws in your first finish.
Quote by rednwhiteblues
^ i wouldn't say that you couldn't get a nice finish hands down man, thats a bit of a heavy presumption on your part, i would however say that it depends on whether you can/want to spend the extra money on warmoth to finish it, or if you have enough confidence to finish it yourself. what kind of finish do you want? that'll make it a lot easier to help out if we have as much information as possible. do you know anyone with finishing experience? (car painters know everything you'd need to know to get a good finish on a body)

We'll I can get someone to paint the body for me, as for the neck I think I could get one of the local guitar shops to give it a gloss/satin finish. Warmoth does it but for an extra $65 and 3 weeks processing time, which will add more to my shipping costs because now it'll have to be shipped sperately 3 weeks after the body gets shipped. I think itll just be easier to do it somewhere in town.

DiMarzio emailed me back, the dual humbuckers I have are old Super Distortions. (DP100's) and I also have a 3rd humbucker that looks same but with 3 wires, DiMarzio said its most likely a Dual Sound (DP101). They also provided me with wiring diagrams for them.
"Do I need capacitors for the pots? If so what are they for and how do I apply them?

Is this particular body I picked out good enough (Ex Light Swamp-Ash)? I didnt want to select an expensive one, I wanted Mahogany but the only Mahogany one Warmoth has ATM is one pre-made or P90 pickups, or an expensive Pre-Painted one.

Will the Floyd fit with the pickguard I picked out or do I need a custom cut one?

Please give me your Feedback and let me know if I should change or add anything or if I've left anything out."
use the edit button and stop bumping, it can take more then 16 hours for someone to answer you know,

your need capacitors for the tone pots, or they wont change the tone there be like extra volume pots :P

if you want the guitar to look good get a pre finished one unless youve got experience painting guitars

i guess it should fit, if anything your need to make it a little bit wider near the bridge, but the guitar body will need modifictation unless its made to acept a floyd rose

and use the eadit button, its there for a reason
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.