Hey guys,
So since I've got my Orange Rocker 30 I've been over the moon, so happy with it. And I thought I'd start running my Pod X3 Live through it and configure it to the amp etc. So for the clean channel I turned off all the amp modelling so I could get the nice natural clean sound from the amp.

Then I selected a new bank, turned all the effects and amps off on the Pod, and switched the amps channel from Clean to Dirty... this is where my problem lies. I get a horrible static noise coming through when I do this, and if I play anything the notes sound clean but theyre coming through this big static noise. I don't think it's the amp beacuse if I just plug straight in the Dirty channel works fine.

So basically, does anyone know how I can set my Pod up to stop this happening? I'm sorry if any of this sounds unclear lol.

-Guy
http://www.facebook.com/someofusneverdie

Check us out, we'd really appreciate any feedback or support.

Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Yamaha RGX-A2
Orange Thunderverb 200H
Orange PPC412 Cab
- Woo!!
Boss TU-2, ISP Decimator, MXR Carbon Copy
so Pod on clean = good
Pod on dirty channel = bad

??

hmmm, well I suppose it is possible you have a preamp tube that is slotted for dirty channel that is starting to go microphonic and the Pod is really pushing it.

Do you have the Pod and the Amp plugged into the same power strip? Try seperating those and see if it makes a difference.

I had a similar situation with a preamp tube and when I plugged my amp into same strip as pedals (to see what would happen basically) all hell broke loose.

Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
so Pod on clean = good
Pod on dirty channel = bad

??

hmmm, well I suppose it is possible you have a preamp tube that is slotted for dirty channel that is starting to go microphonic and the Pod is really pushing it.

Do you have the Pod and the Amp plugged into the same power strip? Try seperating those and see if it makes a difference.

I had a similar situation with a preamp tube and when I plugged my amp into same strip as pedals (to see what would happen basically) all hell broke loose.

Yup you got it:
Pod with nothing on it + Clean Amp = Fine
Pod with nothing on it + Dirty Amp = Weird fuzzy and wrong

Hmm, they're both plugged into the same wall socket yea, that could really make a difference? Hmm. Not sure where else to plug it but I'll have a look. Although this means that at gigs I'm screwed too beacuse there's only like one powerstrip

Anyone else got a suggestion?

-Guy
http://www.facebook.com/someofusneverdie

Check us out, we'd really appreciate any feedback or support.

Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Yamaha RGX-A2
Orange Thunderverb 200H
Orange PPC412 Cab
- Woo!!
Boss TU-2, ISP Decimator, MXR Carbon Copy