It sounds very bad. Worse than the Valveking and much worse than your 6505. I'd rather have a good SS modeller.
Quote by peavey6505+user
i was going to use it for cleans

I'd get a Line6 Flextone or a cheaper Fender if you want cleans. Even a Frontman with a speaker change would be better.
My friend has one and loves it. I think it sounds like ****e. He's really big on P-90s though and maybe that's the difference, because I hate P-90s. See if you can locate a Fender M-80 if you're looking for a vintage clean. They are rare but inexpensive.
Scarred for life!

Rig:
Gibson LPC
Jackson DK10D
Fender HM Strat
Custom built Tele-type
Alvarez 5040 Koa
Epiphone 12 string
Blue Voodoo 50
Dunlop 213 slide
Fender M-80 chorus
Digitech Jimi Hendrix Experience
My roommate has one and absolutely loves it. I play around with it from time to time and I certainly enjoy it as well. It has a particular tone and I can certainly see where a lot of people would dislike it. It's all subjective anyway.

Regarding a comparison to something like a 6505+, it's not an apples to apples comparison.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Quote by Horlicks
It sounds very bad. Worse than the Valveking and much worse than your 6505. I'd rather have a good SS modeller.

I'd rather have it than any of the amps you want
Quote by imgooley
I'd rather have it than any of the amps you want

What amps would that be?
Quote by Horlicks
What amps would that be?

Engls, Diezels, etc.
Quote by imgooley
Engls, Diezels, etc.

Diezel=
ENGL not so much. But they aren't my dream amps. I hope you realise I hate metal.
Right people before we get off the subject

I want the Epiphone for cleans dont have to be the best in the world just brighter than the 6505's i dont care about the drive on the epiphone

I would be running its reverb about 11o'clock and then putting a chorus in front of it from time to time

but i would mainly have the phase 90 as part of the clean tone
GUITARS:
Jackson SLS3
Ibanez ART120 w/ Duncans
AMPS:
ENGL Fireball
PEDALS:
Boss NS-2
MXR ZW-44
TC Polytune
Digitech Drop pedal

My band: www.facebook.com/deifieduk
(actually called Deified)
Quote by Horlicks
Diezel=
ENGL not so much. But they aren't my dream amps. I hope you realise I hate metal.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showpost.php?p=15926236&postcount=17

Quote by peavey6505+user
Right people before we get off the subject

I want the Epiphone for cleans dont have to be the best in the world just brighter than the 6505's i dont care about the drive on the epiphone

I would be running its reverb about 11o'clock and then putting a chorus in front of it from time to time

but i would mainly have the phase 90 as part of the clean tone

You'd be better off getting a something like a used Bassman 100 from the 70's than the So Cal for just cleans.
is there any other head you can suggest that is about

£300 or $600 even if its used

tube of soild state
GUITARS:
Jackson SLS3
Ibanez ART120 w/ Duncans
AMPS:
ENGL Fireball
PEDALS:
Boss NS-2
MXR ZW-44
TC Polytune
Digitech Drop pedal

My band: www.facebook.com/deifieduk
(actually called Deified)
Quote by peavey6505+user
is there any other head you can suggest that is about

£300 or $600 even if its used

tube of soild state

Are you UK or US. Fenders are markedly more expensive over there. A Bassman 100 head over here is about 3-500 dollars.

I don't know UK gear prices well enough to make a suggestion.
Quote by Kendall
My roommate has one and absolutely loves it. I play around with it from time to time and I certainly enjoy it as well. It has a particular tone and I can certainly see where a lot of people would dislike it. It's all subjective anyway.

Regarding a comparison to something like a 6505+, it's not an apples to apples comparison.

+1

i quite liked the one i tried, but it's very much a budget amp... if it's only for cleans, i suspect there are better options, something like a fender hot rod perhaps.

Quote by imgooley
Engls, Diezels, etc.

come on now, don't be daft. apart from anything, if you had one of those you could sell it to get what you want.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Horlicks

I was just listing every expensive amp I could think of.

ic

Quote by Dave_Mc

come on now, don't be daft. apart from anything, if you had one of those you could sell it to get what you want.

Yeah, I guess your right. I could sell it and buy an amp that actually sounds like I would want it to.
does it have to be a head?
because i reccomend a roland jc-120 used, i've seen them go 4-500 bucks used in my local shops
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Quote by imgooley

Yeah, I guess your right. I could sell it and buy an amp that actually sounds like I would want it to.

plus diezel and engl don't only make metal amps.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I swear you used to be able to get the roland JC120's in a head format, i saw metallica using them...
Quote by vitchb
I swear you used to be able to get the roland JC120's in a head format, i saw metallica using them...

I think they have rack units. I'm willing to bet that's what it is?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
I think they have rack units. I'm willing to bet that's what it is?

They could be, i always remember the picture showing heads though. If anyone see's it post it, it was a fish-eye pic of loads of rack gear with some mesa stuff, some deizel stuff and roland stuff.