well im playing Voodoo Chlid (Slight Return) by Jimi Hendrix improvising my solos
and i wanna end like Jimi did on Woodstock, with a teeth solo
is there any tip to "teeth picking"?
i dont know if teeth picking is an advanced technique, but its hard
=P
Hola.
Last edited by luyano at Jan 9, 2009,
are you sure he didnt use his tongue?
If a mortal stands before us
Strike him down with sleight of hand.
And if heaven rides against us
Then God himself must be damned.

Computer Science major! Apple enthusiast!
I wear Vibrams and type with Dvorak!
mm i'm a bit interesting in it as well...
umm i guess the only thing i could advice is that ya need a guitar which neck is higher than the body... like umm LPs or SGs definately...
the strings are far from the body so ya wont have much trouble with some of the face parts :p
use ur upper 2 teeth (you do technically uppicking with ur teeth)

Also throw in some thrills, to make it sound faster.

I used to play my national anthem live with my teeth. It isn't hard, just start of slowly.

Disclaimer;

Also by here I hold no responsibility for ur teeth. If you do this 2 hours a day, you will have no teeth left after a while (nicklewounded steel strings on teeth = bad)

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
But look at the teeth the man had!
I used to play The middle break in Jupiter (Holst - Planets suite) like dat bu' all m' feeth fell out and I changed my name to Gummy Axeweilder.
Meanwhile try not to dribble on the electrics.
Hendrix just used his left hand and held his guitar in front of his face so it looked like he used his teeth. I swear, he must be a dentist's best friend, with so many kids trying to do that.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by Roast Beef
I heard Jimi faked the teeth stuff, and so should you.

Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
Hendrix just used his left hand and held his guitar in front of his face so it looked like he used his teeth. I swear, he must be a dentist's best friend, with so many kids trying to do that.

He either used his teeth or had a pick in his mouth. I can hear when a note is picked or not, and when he was "playing with his teeth" you can clearly hear the notes being "picked"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsgHyauIUZY

Here he uses definitely his teeth. You can hear the squealin of teeth on the metal.

Please grow ears if you can't hear the difference between an "Attack" and Legato playing, instead of copying what other people said.

(most intelligent)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Last edited by xxdarrenxx at Jan 10, 2009,
Quote by xxdarrenxx
He either used his teeth or had a pick in his mouth. I can hear when a note is picked or not, and when he was "playing with his teeth" you can clearly hear the notes being "picked"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsgHyauIUZY

Here he uses definitely his teeth. You can hear the squealin of teeth on the metal.

Please grow ears if you can't hear the difference between an "Attack" and Legato playing, instead of copying what other people said.

You really don't need to be a dick.

The cheers smiley doesn't automatically make something seem friendly. I'm sorry, I was mistaken. I don't listen to Hendrix often and I especially don't waste my time watching videos of him ruining his teeth.
Quote by dudetheman

Put a pick in your teeth? I just tried that...its not too hard but feels strange, do lots of legatto.
Last edited by Tempoe at Jan 10, 2009,
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
You really don't need to be a dick.

The cheers smiley doesn't automatically make something seem friendly. I'm sorry, I was mistaken. I don't listen to Hendrix often and I especially don't waste my time watching videos of him ruining his teeth.

So you rather give a random answer, then me giving a honest reply?

I wasn't acting to act like a dick, I was just saying that.

I'm sorry if it came across like that, but I (and don't get this personal) see too many unjustified replies of people just randomly saying stuff. And when I'm being honest I get this.

lolz

(most intelligent)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Last edited by xxdarrenxx at Jan 10, 2009,
I said I was mistaken. I told what I knew, not random stuff. Telling me to "grow ears" is being a dick.

Sorry, it's really not a big deal. I just took that as a personal attack. A simple correction would have been enough, I just don't take kindly to random judgments.

You're still mah boi.
Quote by dudetheman

Last edited by DaddyTwoFoot at Jan 10, 2009,
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
I said I was mistaken. I told what I knew, not random stuff. Telling me to "grow ears" is being a dick.

+1, and I said I 'heard' he faked his teeth playing, because this sort of nonsense isn't really worth looking into in any kind of depth
Get your tongue pierced so you can attach a pick to your tongue.

The chicks'll dig it!!!
Gear

Gibson '57 Les Paul Reissue
Marshall TSL 601
EHX: Big Muff, Metal Muff, Small Stone, POG, 2880
Ibanez TS808
Voodoo Labs Microvibe
Analogman Chorus
Morley Bad Horsie II
Keeley Compressor (C4)
Nova Delay
MXR 10-band EQ
when i saw paul gilbert live he did a hendrix cover and played the solo with his teeth but he leant right down so you could see him picking nd he just used his 2 front teeth
Guitar
Ibanez - S5470F
Epiphone - Les Paul Black Beauty
Line 6 - Spider II 210 - deceased :/
Blackstar HT studio 20
Farida D-8

Bass
Fender MIM Jazz
Ashdown ABM C115T-500 EVO II
playing with your teeth isnt THAT hard..its just awkward as ****. And i kinda doubt a tongue ring is gonna help very much. Practice how ever feels right and eventually you'll be able to do it, just like everything else.
Ben Adict
That Video was sick. I really envy that guys recording station...ive just got cubase LE...need keys...
Ben Adict
Quote by benman7
That Video was sick. I really envy that guys recording station...ive just got cubase LE...need keys...

That "guy" is Paul Gilbert.

It's faked anyhow, he uses a loop pedal for the sweeps.
haha no sorry, a bit inebriated. I clicked on another link and was talking about that for some reason...Theres this dude that makes a simple drum beat and progression on the keys and then solos over it and does some teeth playing... i know who paul gilbert is dont worry.
Ben Adict