i've been looking fall over the internet to just find a typical university timetable so i can see how often i'll be in lectures because people say you're only in for like 3 days a week.

i''ll be studying Sports and Exercise Science and i want to know what it'll be like time table wise.

so if anyone goes to uni, wtf is it like?
Quote by Samnung
im gunna rape u

Quote by GuitarManiac09
Stay away you freak....I dont want you spreading your hideous crab population..

METALLICA AT WEMBLEY 08/07/07
Last edited by dumps at Jan 9, 2009,
My brother does 4 days a week, he just has lecture and tutorial times, don't think there's actually a time table like there would be in college or school.
Youll probably have 2 or 3 lectures per course. Then a tutorial or something for each one. Overall, if you have a normal amount of courses youll probably be in every day, but only for 3 or 4 hours... if you go to everything :P>
Mine's ****.

Or it was it will change as of the 16th.
Last semester I had 9-5 on mondays.
9-3 without a break on tuesdays.
10-12 wednesdays
2-3 thursdays which was awesome really.
10-3 fridays.

I do maths btw. Some people do get quite empty timetables, but will maybe get more work/reading to do than me.
You're best asking people who did your course before, every course is different and it changes every year. It all depends on the classes.
It depends on you course. I was doing more lectures a week on Aero Eng than my mate (who was doing History of Art) had in a year!

If you really want to know contact the uni and ask them
I'm at uni doing Graphic Design, and we are in once or twice a week most of the time. But all of the work is done in our own time, so it kinda evens out in the end.
Now 100% humour free, in accordance with the rules.

.fm
.wordpress
I'm at Glasgow Uni doing Computing Science and I'm "supposed" to be in:

Mon: 11-4
Tue: 11-2
Wed: 11-5
Thu: 11-2
Fri: 11-2
Schedule varies.

It depends on what classes you need to take and when you can get into them.

As an example, one year I had totall off on Tue / Thu. The next year I was in classes until 6PM every night.

If you need a class to graduate and it's not offered again for two years, you have to bite the pillow and sign up for it, even if you already have a full load.

18 credits per semester is considered a "full" load. My advice is to take at least 15 -16 credits each semester so you don't end up slammed after one.

Good luck.
Epiphone SG
Crate V-18 212
Xaviere XV-500
Boss PS-5 SUPER Shifter
Digitech Bad Monkey

SWINE FLU FREE SINCE 1974
This is mine for semester one of first year Psychology.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
As a general guide, expect about 20-30 hours a week average for natural sciences, same or more for engineering, 10-20 for human sciences and humanities, and up to 10 in arts. But the less contact hours you have, the more reading, writing and other work you will be expected to do in the rest of your time.
Quote by Ur all $h1t

Are you just taking general Psychology?
Quote by aaciseric
Are you just taking general Psychology?

Ya I'm doing a denominated entry degree in psychology but in first year we get to do subjects from arts because only 20 psychology credits are available out of the 60 required to pass the year in first year.
Next year I will do pretty much only psychology if I want, but I'll probably take a module in Neurology too.
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
Quote by Ur all $h1t
Ya I'm doing a denominated entry degree in psychology but in first year we get to do subjects from arts because only 20 psychology credits are available out of the 60 required to pass the year in first year.
Next year I will do pretty much only psychology if I want, but I'll probably take a module in Neurology too.

Oh thanks, would you reccommed it to anyone? Because i'm thinking about taking it if I go.
Quote by Ur all $h1t

Is that Theatre L I see there? That place is just massive! (or so I'm told)
Quote by aaciseric
Oh thanks, would you reccommed it to anyone? Because i'm thinking about taking it if I go.

Ya definitely. I enjoy it very much and I've never been a interested in something I've studied.

The only things I'd say though is that because you have to get a Master's degree in order to practise as a psychologist it can be a long path to qualification, but I hope to be finished in the next 5-6 years.
The other thing is that it is a science, and lots of people don't realise that. Get an intro to psychology book before hand and see if you like it.
Quote by Cyberbob
Is that Theatre L I see there? That place is just massive! (or so I'm told)
Ya like 600 hundred people apparently.
It was the first place I went into in UCD, talk about daunting
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
Last edited by Ur all $h1t at Jan 9, 2009,
I've got:

Mon : 3 - 6
Tues : 9 - 1 and 3 - 4
Wed : 12 - 4.30
Thurs : free
Fri : 1.30 - 3

Doing music.
i take 5 classes per semester. i typically have 2 or 3 classes per day.

our classes are either M-W-F or T-TR. or we also have night classes that meet once per week for 3 hours.

our MWF classes are 50 minutes long, and our T-TR classes are 1hr 15min long.

so that adds up to 2.5 hours of each class per week, unless you take a 3 hour night class.

so overall i normally have a total of 12.5 hours of class per week. or anywhere from 50 mins to 2.5 hours of class per day.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
It was the first place I went into in UCD, talk about daunting

Still, probably a good place for a nap or a muck about.
Honestly, I have trouble taking anything in lduring ectures of 100. In 600, there'd be a lot of shenanigans!
Depends on how many subs youre taking per sem.

Heres what mine looks like with 3 subs per sem in Media Studies.

1 sub = 1 Tutorial and 1 Lecture a per week.

1 Tutorial/ Lecture = 2hrs (dont be scared, sometimes it ends in an 1hr or less, depends on materials for the week)

3 Lects + 3 Tuts = 12hrs a week.. divided by 3 or 4 days.. most of the time its 3

never more than 4 hours a day.. and our classes start early.. usually at 9am.. so by lunch were outta there..

The best days are when you get in by 9am, and ure out of there by 11 or so.. Freeeeee!!!!
"I don't mind making sissy rock. I'll rock your ass sensitive style" - John Mayer
Quote by Cyberbob
Still, probably a good place for a nap or a muck about.
Honestly, I have trouble taking anything in lduring ectures of 100. In 600, there'd be a lot of shenanigans!

I can see what you mean but I've never really had that problem. If you steer clear of the back 3/4 rows there are no problems. Sure as you know yourself the messers tend to just not show up after 3 weeks.

All my psych lectures are in the smaller halls though.
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
Quote by Ur all $h1t
Ya definitely. I enjoy it very much and I've never been a interested in something I've studied.

The only things I'd say though is that because you have to get a Master's degree in order to practise as a psychologist it can be a long path to qualification, but I hope to be finished in the next 5-6 years.
The other thing is that it is a science, and lots of people don't realise that. Get an intro to psychology book before hand and see if you like it.

Thanks, I have already a fairly base knowledge for Psych so i'm sure i'll like it.
I'm doing chemistry, I'm normally in most of each day, at least half of everyday
But my tuesday/thursday afternoons are lab time, those days I'm in 9-5
I'm in 9-4 on a monday, but we often get to go at 12 because in the afternoon it's a workshop and the lecturer just sets work instead of us going to it
9-1 on a Wednesday (but all of Cardiff get's wednesday afternoon off, I assume other Universities are the same, we do it here for people who are in sporting societies, to make a mid-week time where societies can gather and know most people are free)
Then 9-1 on a Friday too

With the work I then do outside of lectures, I'm working more than 8 hours a day, and last semester I had a job as well, I'd almost recommend it, it makes you work harder and once you get over the strict routine it becomes so easy to do, and you end up with money and (hopefully) decent exam results

I'd say it's busier than 6th form ever was, 6th form I had days off, afternoons off, morning off left right and centre, and I didn't have much work to do at home
I'm up till 4am every night this week writing my notes up so I have a neat copy for reference (I work better at night) but earlier this week I did 14 hours studying in one day, if you want the best of your course you need to work hard at it

And I'm not retarded or anything, if anything I'm one of the quicker learners on the course here, I'm just not letting myself sit back on that

EDIT
This semester I'm doing 7 modules instead of 6 (an extra optional module through interest)
I'll be in 9-5 every day except wednesday which I now get off entirely I think, I've not spent too much time dwelling over the timetable to be honest, the exams are the only thing on my mind
Last edited by tushmeister at Jan 9, 2009,
Quote by Ur all $h1t

If I had've seen this earlier I would've stalked you!

Is that intro to programming? Expect an A+.

EDIT:
I do science. For the first three years we were in pretty much all day everyday. This year has less hours that we actually HAVE to be in college
~Domino?

This life's too good to last
and I'm too young to care.

Musics
Follow me on Twitter, I'm cool.
Last edited by Domino at Jan 11, 2009,
Quote by Domino
If I had've seen this earlier I would've stalked you!

Is that intro to programming? Expect an A+.

EDIT:
I do science. For the first three years we were in pretty much all day everyday. This year has less hours that we actually HAVE to be in college

It's pretty much the same for semester two
Intro to programming is piss easy
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
Lots of these threads about!

My timetable, for the sake of it in semester one was...

Monday: 11-12 Eng lecture. 12 - 1 Sociology lecture. 1-2 History of Art seminar. 3-4 History of art lecture.

Tuesday:. 10-11 English Seminar. 11-12 Eng lec. 12-1 soc lec. 3-4 HoA lec

Wednesday:. 10-11 soc sem. 11-12 Eng lec. 2-4 creative writing class (voluntary)

Thursday: 12-1 Eng lec. 3-4 HoA lec.

Basically - sciences have a **** load of lectures arts have less lectures (with more outside reading)

...except sociolgoy... which has 2 lectures for me :S.

Bizarre and pointless course, don't take it. I've dropped it for second semseter...
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
mine was about 8-10 hours a week, but each module takes about 100 hours of study time including your own so thats 400 hours every 3 months (still not too bad until you get to 4rth yeear)
I do 4 days a week, 9 hours in total:

3 seminars, 2 hours each
3 lectures, 1 hour each

Its easy as mate
UG'S SEXIEST TRANNY 2010

UG'S 3rd HOTTEST CROSSDRESSER 2011
I'm doing a degree in Wildlife Photography, I'm in Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, but Wednesday's my only full day. S'not a typical course though so I doubt it's representative
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.