Hey everyone, I've had my Zakk Wylde signature guitar for about a year now... I don't really care about whose name is on the guitar or anything, how do the Zakk Wylde and Slash Epiphone sigs compare against each other? I mean versatility-wise, sound-wise, playability-wise. Would it be worth trading my Zakk Wylde LP in for the Slash LP?

I'll be playing through a variety of amps, mainly a Vypyr 75w. I don't need a guitar to cover metal so much, as my Epiphone Explorer and Schecter Synyster Custom cover that fine, I'd just like an LP to leave in Eb for a bit of rock, and some metal... I'd use this guitar for stuff like G'N'R, Paramore, Lynyrd Skynyrd, etc.
Perhaps, thats if you like the pickups in the guitar though, which I believe are Alnico pros II or something like that.
If you dont care about the name on the headstock why dont you just get a epiphone LP custom or something?

And whats with all the signituers anyways?
The main difference is pickups. Alnico pro 2s or Emgs.
And the appearance... the tobacco burst looks a lot nicer than the buzzsaw or bullseye design in my opinion.
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

Zakk LP - Because I like the specs of the sigs? I like the neck and pickups on the Slash sig.

I'm leaning more towards the Alnico Pro II than the EMG-HZs, which is why I'm considering it. I love the look of both, but I'm wondering how much $$$ I'd have to put with my Zakk Wylde to trade in for the Slash guitar. It's still in perfect condition, not a scratch on it, but yeah... wondering if it'd be worth the extra money, or if I should just keep the Zakk Wylde.

And no, don't tell me to get a different guitar, I already have a few that I'm happy with, I'm only deciding between these two.
If you get rid of the Zakk model, sell it separately. You'l get a lot more for it than if you were to trade it in.
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

Quote by Zakk_Lp
If you dont care about the name on the headstock why dont you just get a epiphone LP custom or something?

And whats with all the signituers anyways?

irony
WtrPlyr - I did consider that, but I much prefer the neck on the Slash sig... might be a good idea though, I'll look some up.

jimbob - Fair enough, thanks.
Quote by pak1351
irony

To clear it up, the user names because im called zakk and i play a LP.
tbh im not actually much of a wylde fan. Although he can do some great solos he often ruins the slow melodic songs with so much shreading and too many pinches imho.
lol, i figured something like that, still made me laugh. Not a big fan of wylde either.

TS, I wouldn't trade in your guitar for the slash one, just get the same pickups if you want the sound, they're pretty cheap.
Just so you know the epiphone standard is very similar to the custom, if your going down that route. Plus it's cheaper and you can get can get it in sunburst.
Gear
Epiphone Les Paul Special 2
ESP EX-400
Roland Cube-15
Bugera 6260 head
Home made 2x12 loaded with celestion G12t-100s

OPETH FTW
Out of the two I would get the slash one. But I would rather get a standard or custom and put some dimarzios in it.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
Okay, thanks for your help guys.

Anyone have any idea what a 2nd hand Zakk Wylde LP would be worth over here? It's still in perfect condition.
if you want the slash one then just buy Alnico IIs they're kinda cheap ($100ish for both i think).
the only thing that the slash LP has than the standard lp's is the pups and the neck and +1 to what Necrophagist 777 said, i would rather have a custom EPI than a artist signature EPI.
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
well personally i like the Zakk neck better, b.c im addicted to unfinished necks
bugera 333xl (for sale)
B-52 4x12 cab
Schecter Hellraiser Avenger
Schecter c-1 FR prototype (for sale)
Squier strat

VOTE FOR MY BAND TO PLAY WARPED TOUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

www.battleofthebands/darkestbeforedawn
Either one is around 1800 in AUS. Why don't you get an epiphone custom shop for about that price. If not I think the slash, the EMGs are mainly for metal which you already have guitars for.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.