Why... the ****... do I want one so bad?!!??!?!??

Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
That'd be great if it wasn't ugly as fuck.
You have to pay an extra $200 to actually get one that looks acceptable.
Last edited by Horlicks at Jan 9, 2009,
i still prefer the older peavey version

it does look sweet though
not quite sure about the 3 grand price tag though.............
Top lel.
Quote by Horlicks
That'd be great if it wasn't ugly as ****.
You have to pay an extra $200 to actually get one that looks acceptable.

I love the black one It feeds my lust for a shredding guitar with a Les Paul vibe... but that trem system (must... try...) and the neck (Just the LOOK of the neck!) beckons me...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.

i've never been a fan of the wolfgang shape, but from the work that seems to have gone into the guitar i bet it plays like a dream. for Eddies sake it better live up to the hype
I want one soooo bad...but 3K is out of my price range. They look great though...interesting story in last month's GW about the building/testing process.
Quote by Shinozoku
I love the black one It feeds my lust for a shredding guitar with a Les Paul vibe... but that trem system (must... try...) and the neck (Just the LOOK of the neck!) beckons me...

The trem is just a Floyd Rose sitting flush mounted on the body, no pull ups. I don't know though I'd rather buy the Ernie Ball Axis.
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
Quote by Hatredcopter
i've never been a fan of the wolfgang shape, but from the work that seems to have gone into the guitar i bet it plays like a dream. for Eddies sake it better live up to the hype

Apparently the 5150 III did, so I bet this will. But like the 5150 III, it'll probably only have a select following and audience.
Quote by DSOTM80
The trem is just a Floyd Rose sitting flush mounted on the body, no pull ups. I don't know though I'd rather buy the Ernie Ball Axis.

Actually, they were made in the EVH factory custom for this guitar. Something about it was designed to give it a bit more sustain (a solid brass trem block, I believe)

Stupid name.

Last edited by Shinozoku at Jan 9, 2009,
Quote by Shinozoku

?
All it is is a dive-only Floyd with D-tuna, which has been around for yonks.
Quote by Shinozoku
Actually, they were made in the EVH factory custom for this guitar. Something about it was designed to give it a bit more sustain (a solid brass trem block, I believe)

Yea I hear ya man, personally I'm getting this for an upcoming project I'm putting together
http://floydupgrades.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=66&products_id=180
Quote by Horlicks
?
All it is is a dive-only Floyd with D-tuna, which has been around for yonks.

See my post above you and check your comments please ?
Quote by DSOTM80
Yea I hear ya man, personally I'm getting this for an upcoming project I'm putting together
http://floydupgrades.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=66&products_id=180

I wonder if I could put that on my OFR on my Edwards... and the FR II on my Kramer

Stupid name.

Last edited by Shinozoku at Jan 9, 2009,
It'll fit on an OFR, thats what its designed for. Not sure about a FRII, but you could email him he'll let you know for sure.
Quote by eyebanez333
I want one soooo bad...but 3K is out of my price range. They look great though...interesting story in last month's GW about the building/testing process.

yeah I laughed so hard when i read the time line.

"Ed tries the guitar.
'what the hell is this? alder? i asked for basswood!'
it was alder, i can believe he heard the difference"

then the multiple times Ed told the guy "the pickups are ****".
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
It would look better with a different headstock. Maybe something like a Jackson or Ibanez headstock. The one that's on there makes the rest of the guitar look terrible. $3000 is a bit steep, but then again, nothing EVH has sold has been reasonably priced. Ed probably needs the money to pay for his rehab and subsequent relapse.
The headstock is atrocious. And no pulling up on the Floyd? Lame.

But the body looks fine in the vintage white finish. Good God.

+1
I've been lusting over that finish since I saw him a year ago. But there's no way I'm gonna pay $3000 for a licensed Floyd. You could just buy a Music Man Axis and change the trem block and pickups for way less.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
I still don't get why he isn't using a version of the FrankenStrat or something that looks like it. Even if it was copied to the grave, it still looks a lot cooler.

Oh well, he's gonna get tons of cash off it, you can't blame him.
Cam Sampbell's my hero

Best way to have a Floyd setup in my opinion, flush mounted
Idk, I'd rather just buy a Music Man Axis guitar or a Charvel EvH strat.
Gear List:
'97 Gibson Explorer w/ Duncan SH-4 and SH-2
Fender Jazz Bass 'Crafted in Japan'
Yamaha Acoustic Guitar
Vox AD30VT w/ VFS2
Roland Cube 30 Bass
Modded "St. Louis" Wah
Dunlop .88 Tortex picks
i think a lot of you miss the point of the EVH series. Ed did that so he could make the amp of HIS dreams, not yours. i mean, you're never going to see Hubert Sumlin play through an Engl fireball, and you probably won't see Nile play through a Fender Deluxe Reverb. different equipment is our there so people can have their choice.

Eddie built this guitar with the mindset of making his ideal guitar. i think that in doing so over the years has given us some great results (Floyd Rose Tremolo, D-Tuna, Peavey 5150, etc).

Ed wanted these guitars built so that he could go into any licenced EVH dealer, pick up a 5150III and a Wolfgang guitar and play a show. sure, because it's Eddie's endorsed gear, tons of fan-boys will buy it. but no one is seriously going to plunk down 3K for a guitar just because it says EVH on the headstock. they will but it because they like it.

Quote by Flying Couch

he's been using that setup since he started using Floyd rose trems. he's certainly not going to change it because of YOU.

Quote by mmolteratx
+1
I've been lusting over that finish since I saw him a year ago. But there's no way I'm gonna pay $3000 for a licensed Floyd. You could just buy a Music Man Axis and change the trem block and pickups for way less.

and I'm pretty damn sure that Ed's not going to use licenced Floyds on his guitars
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
^ There are GOOD licensed trems Schecter/Gotoh licensed Floyd, anyone? Schaller?

Stupid name.

Quote by Jhachey22
and I'm pretty damn sure that Ed's not going to use licenced Floyds on his guitars

My mistake. I just saw the EVH logo on them and assumed they were licensed like the Music Man ones. They have the Floyd logo underneath so they're probably the real thing with the EVH logo on it because I don't think licensed ones can have the logo on the front.
Quote by Shinozoku
^ There are GOOD licensed trems Schecter/Gotoh licensed Floyd, anyone? Schaller?

I agree some licensed ones are just as good or just slightly worse though but the cost of an original isn't much more than a good licensed one.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
I was gonna wait to see the price tag on this new wolfgang, then decide if i would get it or an EBMM Axis as my next guitar. EBMM wins by $1500...hehe, not to mention the colour selection and not being made in Mexico, which is where I have heard EVH products are made (heard some horror storys/reviews about the mexican made 5150 III).

So... I wonder if EVH's personal guitars and amps are made in Mexico... probably not... and to think he said "I could have just stayed at home and built this guitar for myself. I do this because a lot of people ask if they can get what I use. Well, yes you can and what you get is identical to what I use", shape and colour yes, craftmenship... I just dont know that having guitars mass produced mexico will be identical to one made by chip ellis for EVH himself... Until I truthfully hear or read on the guitar itself that each individul wolfgang is made by Chip Ellis with his hands and his tools I wont get one... so Im a presume im never getting a wolfgang...hehe. Im sure theres tons of well made mexician made guitars, but this one is $3000, and Eddie says these are Identical to the ones he uses, and if there not than it should not be up to par to his or anyones standards.

Or
Maybe im wrong and these guitars are "Identical" to the ones he uses... dont get me wrong im an EVH fan, but when he says things that may not be true... well then hes just a liar...

Edit: Notice how in this Picture The tremolo block is Steel/Zinc/Iron looking... or maybe im wrong and its brass with some sort of chrome/steel/zinc/iron powder coat, but it looks "identical" to the steel block on my OFL.
Reinhardt 18 Head
H&K Tubemiester 18 head
Blue 6505+ head

TC Electronics G Major
MXR phase 90, Pigtronix Echolution 2
Digitech Whammy (5th gen)

ETB Infinity x2
ETB Yoda

Frust
Last edited by Ethanb08 at Jan 17, 2009,