This has been bugging me for a while now. I can't figure out weather this has double kick or not.

I'm positive most of you will say it's a terrible song, but fast forward to 0:28 where the drums come in.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=i7EtSb-94FQ
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
Nah doesn't sound like double kick to me.
Quote by Hakanku

They all make me sick^^

Why would you want a guitar that similtanously scratchs your arse, picks your nose and kills the guy next to you?
This may be the wrong forum, but I don't think he's using double kicks, it's quite easy to do that with a single kick but even still the drums actually sound programmed, either that or it's just the awful video quality.
Quote by ravioli123
James, a type of sandwich:

A sandwich that consists of ham, turkey, roast beef, shredded cheese, nacho cheese doritos, and ranch on a toasted bun.
"Hey man lets go get a couple James's for lunch"
Quote by ravioli123
This may be the wrong forum, but I don't think he's using double kicks, it's quite easy to do that with a single kick but even still the drums actually sound programmed, either that or it's just the awful video quality.

It's just the way it was recorded. It's meant to sound distant
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
the recording sounds like ass, so it's hard to tell, but that doesn't really sound like something that would require a double kick, although that doesn't mean he's not using one.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
yes double kicks are being used for the little flam

edit: as a drummer, its way too hard to single kick that flam so fast

Quote by smb
I'm an arrogant bastard - I thought I was good before I'd plucked a note. I was right, of course
Last edited by Mike 'em all at Jan 9, 2009,
Quote by Mike 'em all

I don't hear any flam...

Single kick.
Quote by Mike 'em all

edit: as a drummer, its way too hard to single kick that flam so fast

You need to practice your foot speed then. I highly doubt he's using a double kick just because I've never heard of him using one before, and I doubt he'd use one for a few doubles in one of their songs
Quote by Hakanku

They all make me sick^^

Why would you want a guitar that similtanously scratchs your arse, picks your nose and kills the guy next to you?
Sounds like doubles to me, the way it flows. The first kick doesn't sound sharp enough for it to be a single.

Bodacious Bob

Schecter Omen 7 Extreme
Ibanez RGR08LTD BK
Behringer TU-100
EHX Metal Muff
Boss MT-2
GLX EQ-100
Marshall VS15

Quote by tpot06
Bodacious bob wins all.
its wen u hit a note a just different speeds
e.g. instead of hitting a snare drum with both sticks, you delay one hit slightly

Quote by smb
I'm an arrogant bastard - I thought I was good before I'd plucked a note. I was right, of course
Quote by EqUiLaTeRaL
You need to practice your foot speed then. I highly doubt he's using a double kick just because I've never heard of him using one before, and I doubt he'd use one for a few doubles in one of their songs

I've noticed he's used the kick abit more on the new album. He's does this on one or two more songs: Notion and manhattan i think
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
Quote by ravioli123

Or maybe they just haven't heard of drum mics and EQing.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by titsmcgee852
What's flam?

A flam is a quick double hit on a single drum. The first is sort of like a grace note, and the second is the more pronounced hit.
Yeah, double kick with a single pedal. I can hear a 'boom boomboom cha cha boom boom boom boom cha' sound
Quote by whalepudding
That singer is so ****ing bad.

The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
Definitely single kick. It's an easy enough technique to pull off for a professional drummer, there's no need for a double in this instance.
"I feel sorry for James Blunt, he has to wake up every morning and think 'Ah man, I'm James Blunt'"