I keep doing the same thing over and over, and I'm running out of variety with the songs I make. I play metal, so I'd like some advice or some licks/chords I can throw in while chugging on the top three strings. I would greatly appreciate anyone tabbing something out

I use horror chords a lot, and playing octave on the c and A string (drop-d down one w/step[drop-c]) but that gets repeditive using it for multiple songs.
Last edited by stratkat at Jan 9, 2009,
learn blues
Lady Gaga if you're out there, i don't care if you have a penis or not, i will marry you
I've experienced that same problem before. My advice is to broaden your horizons a little. You can do this by listening to a little different style of music. If you can pick up one cool riff, or scale from any of these different styles, then it will definetly be worth your time. But if you don't want to go that route, then look up some theory. See if you can learn a new scale or chord form. Learning theory is only part of the puzzle, but you may see something that will spark your creativity.
Last edited by tele432 at Jan 9, 2009,