I'm a beginer. I've been playing a semi-acoustic for 2 years now. I intend to get an electric around May. However, i do not know a thing about electric guitars. Could someone please reply to this post and tell me about what specs I should look for ? You know, pickups, fretboard material, body style, string gauge etc? I intend to play mainly melodic death metal and power metal, with a bit of thrash, NWOBHM and rock.
You probably want a fixed bridge, and a fast neck. My recommendation is an Ibanez RG w/fixed bridge.RG321MH perhaps?
LifeSucks
PeopleDie
F*ckTheWorld
LetsGetHigh
Whats the advantage of a fixed bridge? Oh and i forgot,my budget is around $200-250.
Look at Schecter, ESP, Dean, and Jackson... they all have guitars that fit your style for all prices
I might look at the Jackson X series or Maybe the Dean VMNT Dave Mustaine Signature... they are in the $400-$600 range, and great guitars to boot

for 250, you could get a jackson JS series and some Dean's, but I don't know the prices on ESP, but I think Schecter is a little expensive

and a fixed bridge is just a whole lot easier to deal with for a beginner
Quote by bass-boy-garith
Quote by guitarhero_764
I guess I'm kind of like a hippie. I'm anti-war, do drugs, and like communism.
Your not a hippie, just a ****ing moron.
Last edited by cukd7x-a2- at Jan 9, 2009,
thnx u all....wat abt pickups and body shapes? wat do u think is best? i heard v-shaped guitars let u play faster more easily, but is it possible to play one of these on ones lap? and scale and fretboard material?
I say try out the guitars in your price range from where you're buying and see which one you like more.
my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

Wishlist: Hamer USA Explorer, Gibson Explorer
Quote by MustangSVT
Quote:that Herman Li guy, well he should have a signature guitar hero controller, not an Ibanez.

He failed in "through the fire and flames" at 2%