This guitar just looks too good, cheap and exotic, how come its impossible to find a video of it?? or infact any owners?? anyone here who can comment on how is actually sounds, have used it and stuff?? As if there are good reviews, I might even buy this thing!!

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/B.C.-Rich-Draco-V-Electric-Guitar?sku=516087

Last edited by Still Thinking at Jan 11, 2009,
It looks like someone's spew that froze as it dripped out of their mouth, and was then made into a guitar.
i dont say this often, especially with the bad ass shapes of bc rich guitars, but this just looks like flying **** let alone a flying v.
I will never be caught playing one of these... EVER
Quote by hell_monkey
Lmao pantera? you'd think obama listened to some tupac or something
their impossible to play they had one at a store i tried it god i wanted to mangle it then remembered bc rich already did
Keep On Keepen' On
Next time a kid will come to me asking about the ''definition of ugly'' i will say: B.C Rich Draco
Just don't buy it, for the love of god, don't.
Not a single non-troll post in this thread...

Anyway, I've played the Draco and it's actually pretty good. Kind wish they had a coil-tapped humbucker in the neck, but otherwise it's a very good guitar.
Basses
Ibanez Gio GSR100 w/ SDs

Amps
Acoustic B200
Quote by subliminaldelta
Not a single non-troll post in this thread...

Anyway, I've played the Draco and it's actually pretty good. Kind wish they had a coil-tapped humbucker in the neck, but otherwise it's a very good guitar.

I ain't trolling. That's one seriously ****ing ugly guitar.
Quote by Mazzakazza
I ain't trolling. That's one seriously ****ing ugly guitar.

Who ****en cares what it looks like? Guitars are musical instruments. They are emtn to SOUND good, and it does.
Basses
Ibanez Gio GSR100 w/ SDs

Amps
Acoustic B200
Playability>Sound, true, but how could anyone put up with that. I seriously don't get it.

On a side note, it's built crappily, but there we go :/
Quote by Mazzakazza
Playability>Sound, true, but how could anyone put up with that. I seriously don't get it.

On a side note, it's built crappily, but there we go :/

Have you played it? And don't say "I heard about it on UG/Wikipedia".

I will defend BC Rich to my grave. I can't wait to buy a BC Rich and parade it around on Youtube and this site to show everyone you CAN get a good metal guitar that isn't Jackson/ESP/Ibanez.
Basses
Ibanez Gio GSR100 w/ SDs

Amps
Acoustic B200
Yeah. I've played B.C Rich's Mockingbird and Draco before. They were shabbily built, neck joints on both looked cheap and half-assed. Finishes also looked weak.

And to top it off, they're ugly as sin.
Quote by Mazzakazza
Yeah. I've played B.C Rich's Mockingbird and Draco before. They were shabbily built, neck joints on both looked cheap and half-assed. Finishes also looked weak.

And to top it off, they're ugly as sin.

What Mockingbird was it?

If you didn't like the Draco, cool beans. But don't start saying stuff like "it looks like crap" and expect to be taken seriously.
Basses
Ibanez Gio GSR100 w/ SDs

Amps
Acoustic B200
I can't remember what model mockingbird it was, but it had a £500-600 price tag on it, I remember that much. Because I also remember thinking 'christ, this is overpriced for the quality'.
I liked the mockingbird, but hate the beast and warlock, the tone was medium (and I tested em trough a 5150 ) and they felt like toys.

but that might just be me, if you like em, then buy em, you're the one playing it on a regular basis then, not me.
OO This turned into a B.C Rich good or not debate, well I like the shape, specially the handcrafted models, if I can get those from ebay or something second hand, Ill pay anything upto $1000, just tell me how it plays, as I cant find any of these on any store!!
Quote by subliminaldelta
Have you played it? And don't say "I heard about it on UG/Wikipedia".

I will defend BC Rich to my grave. I can't wait to buy a BC Rich and parade it around on Youtube and this site to show everyone you CAN get a good metal guitar that isn't Jackson/ESP/Ibanez.

ive played this guitar, as i have with many bc riches, and i must say this guitar is an UNWANTED CHILD. Its not versatile at all, and for its price i could get way better sounds and hardqare quality for my money.

And yes you can get a good metal guitar that isnt Jackson/ESP/Ibanez, but its not gona leave your pockets feeling happy
Quote by hell_monkey
Lmao pantera? you'd think obama listened to some tupac or something
Quote by BackDoorEntry
ive played this guitar, as i have with many bc riches, and i must say this guitar is an UNWANTED CHILD. Its not versatile at all, and for its price i could get way better sounds and hardqare quality for my money.

And yes you can get a good metal guitar that isnt Jackson/ESP/Ibanez, but its not gona leave your pockets feeling happy

B.C. Rich has a very loose policy on the quality of wallet friendly guitars.

Occasionaly there will be a good guitar from them, buts got the mindset to Fistrape your wallet till your just thinking "An Ibanez./ESP would have been cheeper and just as good if not better"
ive played this guitar at a shop a good while back, i liked the shape and the design only downfall i found on its playability is that it dosen't have a neck pickup, i have no other downsides for this guitar, and yes if you get this guitar your guitar will be talked down upon but we all know those kids will grow up one day.
Heres a vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dE2pee-Vj8s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBZUj8pfU-o&feature=related
Crank your rig on 12, let it feedback wide-open for a good two minutes, freak your neighbors out and ENJOY THE POWER OF THE GUITAR! 'Oh, what a feeling,' and it ain't no damned Toyota!" ----Dimebag Darrell
Last edited by heretic-clown at Jan 10, 2009,
i would never pay 900 bucks for that. get a jackson/ ESP V for that price
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Well I wont use this as my main guitar, but I really like the design, its unique, ok many people find it really ugly, but I like it, but someone here who actually owns the guitar and can comment about it??
I played one a while back in a shop.Even through a Mesa Dual Rec it sounded kinda weak and muddy.The thing with that guitar is that the shape is an instant stereotype and it lacks a lot of versatility.The finish and neck were kinda meh as well.If you want the guitar go test play it and see if it's right for you,but I'll tell you right now,you could get better for the money.

I'm not jumping on the bandwagon either as some people claim with these guitars.The one I played just happened to be a bad guitar regardless of outside factors.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

haha
no
Quote by DirtyMakik
Listen to this man, he's got Alex in his avatar, he knows his sh!t.

Quote by dubstar92
awesome avatar dude

Wow a signature