Page 1 of 9
http://www.peta.org/sea_kittens/

This is pathetic, a fish is a fish, not a cat

From PETA:

"Would people think twice about ordering fish sticks if they were called sea kitten sticks? Would sea kitten soufflé be a hot seller at the local seafood restaurant? Does fillet o' sea kitten sound even remotely appetizing? Learn more about the new campaign to save fish by changing their name."
Quote by nightraven
can't stand public showers
and yes i do have a small penis

Quote by thewho182
people in public showers make fun of my big dick

Quote by kyle33093
i would if pee pee was bigger

see, this is why no one takes peta seriously.

I'm not really fond of fish, but I could easily see my self eating "sea kittens" by the bucketfull.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
This is stupid, but the sad thing is that it would actually make a difference.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
okay that's just taking things too far. Cute but pathetic.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
"No one would hurt a sea kitten."

Oh really? If they tasted delicious and were full of vitamins and minerals, you'd bet your ass I'd hurt and eat a sea kitten.
I'm currently hoping this is some sort of practical joke. If that's the best method they can think of for saving the world, we're all screwed.

And what's wrong with eating fish?!
Musically ignorant. Seeking education.

Am female. Finally have bass!

As cunning as a fox who has just been made professor of cunning at Oxford university.

Muse = genius.
Quote by rabidguitarist
This is stupid, but the sad thing is that it would actually make a difference.

True, that.
pff, what if they decide to change the name of the seahorse to a seahors oh wai..... .
PETA....*facepalm* this is what gives vegetarians a bad name, things like this.
Quote by 40oz2freeedom
just ask her to touch her toes naked....shell never expect whats next
Quote by happytimeharry
Nothing.

There's a big problem with over-fishing but there sure as hell isn't anything wrong with eating fish.
Quote by SteveHouse
"People don't seem to like fish. They're slithery and slimy, and they have eyes on either side of their pointy little heads—which is weird, to say the least. Plus, the small ones nibble at your feet when you're swimming, and the big ones—well, the big ones will bite your face off if Jaws is anything to go by."

They have a problem with eating them, but they certainly dont have one with hurting their feelings! Bastards!
Quote by jake911
"People don't seem to like fish. They're slithery and slimy, and they have eyes on either side of their pointy little heads—which is weird, to say the least. Plus, the small ones nibble at your feet when you're swimming, and the big ones—well, the big ones will bite your face off if Jaws is anything to go by."

They have a problem with eating them, but they certainly dont have one with hurting their feelings! Bastards!

As cunning as a fox who has just been made professor of cunning at Oxford university.

Muse = genius.
Quote by jake911

I have complete deja vous over this post.... has this thread happened before?

Or maybe.... THERE'S A GLITCH IN THE MATRIX!!
Quote by SteveHouse
Quote by jake911
pff, what if they decide to change the name of the seahorse to a seahors oh wai..... .

i think they would probably try to change the name from seahorse to seapony or something cute-sounding like that
Quote by atthedrive-thru
there's already catfish, isn't that good enough for them?

It would be renamed a cat-sea-kitten
And a baby one would be a kitten-sea-kitten

I don't think PETA have thought this through
FALKIRK

We'll win something someday

Quote by Minkaro
Falkirk is the home of runners up.

Check out my Tunes
Sea Kitten Facts

"A University of Edinburgh study found that sea kittens can retain information that they learned up to 11 months earlier, which makes them cuter and smarter than the president of the United States! "

yes yes i would... because then i could say i was eating pussy all the time.
I love sea kitten stick.
[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.
Why not call them Popplers?
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Quote by LastToKnow
And what's wrong with eating fish?!

There's nothing wrong with eating fish or meat in my opinion, however there are some awful business practices in the market with overfishing. Plus fish that are tertiary consumers can have high levels of methylmercury in them due to bioaccumulation which is very bad for you.

That said, fish or sea kitten, it won't stop me from eating them.
Quote by RU Experienced?
There's nothing wrong with eating fish or meat in my opinion, however there are some awful business practices in the market with overfishing. Plus fish that are tertiary consumers can have high levels of methylmercury in them due to bioaccumulation which is very bad for you.

That said, fish or sea kitten, it won't stop me from eating them.

True, overfishing is pretty much the pits, and I wouldn't go OTT on fish, (just a good rule for many a reason!), but responsibly produced fish I can see no problem with. Surely that should be what PETA are aiming for, not stopping people eating it at all? That is a random concept.

Muse = genius.
Quote by LastToKnow
True, overfishing is pretty much the pits, and I wouldn't go OTT on fish, (just a good rule for many a reason!), but responsibly produced fish I can see no problem with. Surely that should be what PETA are aiming for, not stopping people eating it at all? That is a random concept.

no, they want everyone to become a vegan, seriously, these people are batshit insane.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
It wouldn't make a difference. In fact if this were to ever happen I would slaughter millions of "Sea kitten's" just out of spite.
In/Rainbows
Quote by LastToKnow

How familiar are you with PETA?
^^ Apparently I'm nieve as to their insanity.

Muse = genius.
Quote by LastToKnow

There are some problems that come from farm-raised fishing as well, such as eutrophication of lakes due to the concentrated amounts of fish feces; but it's still better than the alternative yes. Technically if PETA does succeed here and gets the name changed the fish market will fall drastically which will theoretically decrease the amounts of overfishing since demand for fish is so low.
Quote by RU Experienced?
There are some problems that come from farm-raised fishing as well, such as eutrophication of lakes due to the concentrated amounts of fish feces; but it's still better than the alternative yes. Technically if PETA does succeed here and gets the name changed the fish market will fall drastically which will theoretically decrease the amounts of overfishing since demand for fish is so low.

And what makes you think that will happen?