Hey guys/gals

I'm looking for some reviews of an ESP EX50 for a friend of mine. Its an LTD so I know its korean and probably nowhere near as good as a proper ESP but for £260 what guitar would be better for playing metal/rock
eg. metallica, iron maiden, ac/dc
I fought for all worth believing on the punk rock barracades
Well, it's an LTD, so it's not going to be as good as an ESP.

Doesn't look too bad, Agathis body though.
Quote by Mazzakazza
Well, it's an LTD, so it's not going to be as good as an ESP.

Doesn't look too bad, Agathis body though.

Yeah shouldnt be too bad although agathis is usually used on cheap guitars
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Exactly. Not that brilliant at sustain, since it's so light, but in a cheap guitar, I wouldn't really expect much else, tbh.
first of all their built in Indonesia actually only the high end LTD's are Korea made. i got a friend who has it he likes the neck but hated how it sounds and i have the same opinion its got a nice fast neck but it has crappy pickups he had to upgrade his to some Duncan's but eventually he gave up and is now buying a LTD FX-400 for the set neck and emg's and of course the natural spalted top. I'd save your money and get an upper model or be prepared to get new pickups for it.
Keep On Keepen' On
I gave an EX50 a whirl in my local guitar shop the other day and it wasn't half bad. The neck profile was pretty similar to the better LTDs although the fret work wasn't as tidy. Pickups were ok, really nothing special but as you say for the money you can't expect that much. I'd say give her a test run somewhere and if you like it grab it.
Quote by JessyB96
first of all their built in Indonesia actually only the high end LTD's are Korea made. i got a friend who has it he likes the neck but hated how it sounds and i have the same opinion its got a nice fast neck but it has crappy pickups he had to upgrade his to some Duncan's but eventually he gave up and is now buying a LTD FX-400 for the set neck and emg's and of course the natural spalted top. I'd save your money and get an upper model or be prepared to get new pickups for it.

I have a LTD KH203 and it was made in Korea... the 203 model isn't an high end one