Poll: Is the Tremol-No worth it?
Poll Options
View poll results: Is the Tremol-No worth it?
Yar
19 54%
Nay
16 46%
Voters: 35.
I'm modifying a strat copy I bought a while ago. I took delivery of the Fernandes Sustainer Kit and the Super Vee trem today, which I'm extremely excited to put on.

I was then told a Tremol-No would finish it off very nicely indeed.

I was just wondering what the general opinion on the Tremol-No is and whether it would be worth me spending £50 to put it on my strat.

Votes and comments would be much appreciated!

Cheers.
So your strat is FR? cause they are mostly for FR style trems obviously
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
hell yes. its on my razorback and on my custom ibanez, soon to be on my other homemade ibanez. best 47 dollars ever! but try to get it off ebay, its cheaper and you can get free shipping on a buy it now normally
Quote by HomerHitter
I got a black Les Paul, and this Texan told me it wasn't as good as other color guitars becuse it was a 'nigger.'

Quote by spoonylove90

im not left handed i just have a mac btw.

Quote by NaivexLi
Yes...I named my penis Darth Vader.
Quote by Lethal Dosage
So your strat is FR? cause they are mostly for FR style trems obviously

No im fitting a Super Vee to it, which ican be set up to floating or fixed. It's a way of getting something similar to an FR without having to rout for one. Super Vee simply drops in to nearly every strat.
yeah great little gizmo, make sure you check to see if everything checks out, my Edge3 was set up weird so that I had to replace the screws with longer ones to make everything fit, but overall, totally a good idea and a great product.
Quote by EmsLa
No im fitting a Super Vee to it, which ican be set up to floating or fixed. It's a way of getting something similar to an FR without having to rout for one. Super Vee simply drops in to nearly every strat.

Ah I gotcha I was confused at first I thought we were talking about putting it on a vintage trem and I was like WHY?
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Quote by {offc}firefly
yeah great little gizmo, make sure you check to see if everything checks out, my Edge3 was set up weird so that I had to replace the screws with longer ones to make everything fit, but overall, totally a good idea and a great product.

yeah i did another thread about the set-up the other day because I've been trying to find out if the T-No large clamp will fit round the larger Super Vee block. I presume it will and have emailed T-No about it because they don't mention the Super Vee on the 'Works With' section of the website unfortunately
didnt you already have a thread on this..?
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Quote by conor1148
didnt you already have a thread on this..?

not exactly on this. other things to do with my strat.

thought the poll warranted a separate thread since it's a general question of opinion on the tremol-no
If you plan on still using your trem as a full floating system, forget about it. If you want to fix the bridge, they work.
Ive removed three tremol-no's from guitars in the last month. Two of those were from guitars owned by a member of the forum. I'll let him pipe up about why he didnt like them.

Regards,
Perry Ormsby

Pevious builds:
HERE!
Quote by ormsby guitars
If you plan on still using your trem as a full floating system, forget about it. If you want to fix the bridge, they work.
Ive removed three tremol-no's from guitars in the last month. Two of those were from guitars owned by a member of the forum. I'll let him pipe up about why he didnt like them.

Thanks, tis extremely helpful sir.

You can make the Super Vee dive only anyway, so I did question whether it would be a good idea.

Would you recommend any other additions with the £50 I save?
i was thinking about a tremel no for my jackson.

i dont get why someone would get it removed, cant you just loosen the screws on it and use it in normal mode?
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

Quote by conor1148
i was thinking about a tremel no for my jackson.

i dont get why someone would get it removed, cant you just loosen the screws on it and use it in normal mode?

To Ormsby:

Actually thats a point, what was the reason for having them removed?
Quote by EmsLa
To Ormsby:

exactly, that makes no sense, if you dont like it you arent going to put it in a different guitar or anything.

just sounds like an excuse to resetup your guitar
Official Aspie member

Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

Quote by conor1148
exactly, that makes no sense, if you dont like it you arent going to put it in a different guitar or anything.

just sounds like an excuse to resetup your guitar

No I meant that there must be a legitimate reason rather than just having them removed for the sake of it, just wondering what that reason might be
Quote by EmsLa
No I meant that there must be a legitimate reason rather than just having them removed for the sake of it, just wondering what that reason might be rather than just for the sake of it.

the only reason i can think of is to sell, i mean if you can unscrew it and not have anything holding the bridge in place then it shouldnt hurt anything
Official Aspie member

Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

Quote by conor1148
the only reason i can think of is to sell, i mean if you can unscrew it and not have anything holding the bridge in place then it shouldnt hurt anything

Ye but the reason doesn't have to be what it does in a specific mode, it could be something more general and important like the claw spontaneaously combusting into kittens.

Seriously tho, it could be that something snaps, bends or affects another part of the guitar or something like that. Don't assume they work perfectly!
Does the Super V let you lock the trem like a fixed bridge? If it does then the Tremol-no isn't necessary. If it doesn't I recommend getting one. Awesome little product.

Quote by ormsby guitars
Ive removed three tremol-no's from guitars in the last month. Two of those were from guitars owned by a member of the forum. I'll let him pipe up about why he didn't like them.

Yes please explain. In my lap I currently have a RG7420 with a Tremol-no. The trem is in fully floating mode right now and it works just a well as it did before I had the tremol-no. Usually I have it locked so I can quickly switch between A standard, drop G, and B standard. Again the trem works fine as a fully floating trem. Your customer had to have installed it wrong.
Quote by EmsLa
To Ormsby:

Because when they are "loose", eg: unlocked and allow full floating movement of the trem, they add a small amount of fiction (the shaft sliding inside the other piece) which was enough, even after deburring and oiling, to cause the trem to constantly go out of tune when the guy hit the bar. Removed the Tremol-no's, and the problem disappeared on both guitars.

Regards,
Perry Ormsby

Pevious builds:
HERE!
exactly why you need an ESP Arming Adjuster^ :p
Ibanez s540 with gold Schaller bridge and OMGGOLD hardware

Ibanez RGR320 with Lo-Edge Pro bridge and scalloped fretboard

Lee Jackson XLSC - 500

Roland Microcube

Dunlop Jazz III black
Quote by ormsby guitars
Because when they are "loose", eg: unlocked and allow full floating movement of the trem, they add a small amount of fiction (the shaft sliding inside the other piece) which was enough, even after deburring and oiling, to cause the trem to constantly go out of tune when the guy hit the bar. Removed the Tremol-no's, and the problem disappeared on both guitars.

Wouldn't adjusting the screws on the claw solve that? It does say in the instruction videos that if there's friction you need to adjust the claw VERY slightly. But I'm not one inclined to believe everything the guy who's trying to sell them says!lol.

Also, cant remember who posted this before an I can't be bothered checking, but you can set the super vee to dive only like a normal strat or floating, not fixed.
Sure, you can adjust the claw VERY SLIGHTLY, but then you get on stage and do a big HEAVY dive bomb, and the claw moves again...

They are great for locking the trem. They arent for full floating trems.

Regards,
Perry Ormsby

Pevious builds:
HERE!
Quote by ormsby guitars
Sure, you can adjust the claw VERY SLIGHTLY, but then you get on stage and do a big HEAVY dive bomb, and the claw moves again...

They are great for locking the trem. They arent for full floating trems.

Oh dear, if the claw moves from doing dives then that's a serious design flaw. I'm surprised that it does tbh given the way it's set up.
Quote by EmsLa
Oh dear, if the claw moves from doing dives then that's a serious design flaw. I'm surprised that it does tbh given the way it's set up.

You adjust the claw a bit then lock the screws down. I've never had a problem with mine and use it on a TRS7. Wouldn't the claw also move on a regular guitar (ie: one without a tremol-no)? It would be interesting to run this problem by Kevan (on jemsite or sevenstring.org, dunno if he posts here) and see what he says.
Quote by JD Red LP
You adjust the claw a bit then lock the screws down. I've never had a problem with mine and use it on a TRS7. Wouldn't the claw also move on a regular guitar (ie: one without a tremol-no)? It would be interesting to run this problem by Kevan (on jemsite or sevenstring.org, dunno if he posts here) and see what he says.

ye how would the claw move that much if it's locked? Any ideas? coz otherwise it shud be just like any other claw shouldn't it?
Its not really that the claw moves (I was meaning to say the arm pivots from both ends, so i dont know why it came out like that!), its that there is a shaft which moves inside a machined hole, which has friction. Trem + friction = less tuning stability.

Regards,
Perry Ormsby

Pevious builds:
HERE!