well it's been a long while but i've finaly getting a chance to buy a warwick corvette$$. i was just wondering about the polishing and waxing the neck. how often would i have to do it and what should i use? and if anyone owns one could you tell me how it holds up after a few years of playing, because i intend for this to be the last bass i have to buy for a WHILE. thanks.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Boss pedals drain power like a girlfriend drains your bank account.

GEAR:
4 string warwick corvette $$ BO

acustic 200 head & 410 cab
i've had my $$ for about a year now. It is a really great bass, but Im sure you know that already. One of the things that makes the $$ unique to other corvettes is the body. Its made out of swamp ash and does not require waxing near as much as the other models. I hardly ever wax mine. Maybe once every 3 months. As far as polishing the frets, I use brasso and do it every time I change my strings. Be careful with brasso though, it can strip the color off the fingerboard. They make some kind of wipes that are presoaked in chemical. Warwick recommends them, but I couldnt find them anywhere. Hope this helps!

...Oh and enjoy that bass!
You don't really need to do anything with the neck, the oil from your hands will keep that in shape. It's just the body you need to wax... Then again I've never waxed the body on mine either, the only "damage" that's caused is a spot that's a tiny bit lighter near the bridge pickup, where I rest my finger mine is bubinga though as opposed to ash. I suppose if you're getting a finish light marks would be more of a problem.

If you're trying out Warwicks I'd also try a Bubinga Corvette Standard with active electronics and pickups, I prefer them to the $$ and they are a similar price
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
Last edited by faultyy at Jan 9, 2009,
It's a shame Warwick don't make a bubinga $$, swamp ash is a bit too light for me... Then again I very much doubt I'd trade my standard in for one
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Quote by faultyy
It's a shame Warwick don't make a bubinga $$, swamp ash is a bit too light for me... Then again I very much doubt I'd trade my standard in for one

One of the neck through $$ models is bubinga. And it doesn't cost that much more to get a custom build $$ BO with a bubinga body- a few hundred.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
One of the neck through $$ models is bubinga. And it doesn't cost that much more to get a custom build $$ BO with a bubinga body- a few hundred.

Just a few hundred... Mere pocket change lol

Quote by Deliriumbassist
The swamp ash standard corvette is also made out of swamp ash as well, apparently

haha, well, you got me there